PDA

View Full Version : My first experience with M&P 45

Watrdawg
09-05-10, 10:59
I purchased my first M&P 45 Midsize and finally got to shoot it. I love it is all I can say. I bought the weapon from Grant with the DCAEK kit and the trigger polished. I also had the sights exchanged for the Warren sights. I equipped it with a Streamlight TLR-3 also. Nice little light. I didn't want a light sticking so far out in front of the weapon so that is one of the reasons for the TLR-3.

I put 100 round of WWB 230gr FMJ through it and another 100 rounds of Rem 230gr JHP's. Not a single hiccup with either load. I shot at distances of 7, 10 and 25 yards. The 25 yard shots were just to see where they hit on paper. Only shot 10 rds at 25 yards. One thing I noticed was that at 25 yards my shots were everywhere. Probably me though. At 7 yards and 10 yards everything was pretty much dead center. I've never been to any handgun courses and will definitely be doing so soon. However, I ran about 100 rounds doing double taps and fast shooting just to see how controllable the weapon was for me. I was shooting at a 8" Shoot n see target and all of my rounds landed in the target and most of them with a 4" square section in the center of the target. I was surprised that I could do that without any formal training. The felt recoil was less that my 4" Kimber.

I really like this weapon and can't wait to learn how to run it properly in a few classes. I can definitely see myself buying one or 2 more. By the way the DCAEK and polishing that Grant lead to a really smooth trigger. There was/is another thread concering "Tactile Reset" and while shooting I tried to pay attention to when the trigger reset and I really had a hard time feeling it. This may be more my lack of experience than an actual lack of trigger response. Overall it is a very nice weapon and I don't really miss my 1911 too much. It was stolen from me.

JHC
09-05-10, 11:06
Cool. When I try the M&P again, that's probably the gun and setup I'll be most interested in.