PDA

View Full Version : Direct Replacement Head for 9P

SHIVAN
07-06-07, 12:23
So my dad dropped his 9P out of his pocket while getting out of his truck. As luck would have it, it landed on the bezel, and cracked the lens.

Of course is also blew out the bulb, but I have replacements for that.

Surefire hasn't returned my email yet.....

Can I get a direct replacement 9P head w/ lens? Or can I just grab a G2 Nitro or 6P head and swap them out?

Or is there a "cheaper" light made that would fit?

Ideas?

UVvis
07-06-07, 14:50
CALL Surefire.

Their email backlog is horrible. If you call they will sort you out in a minute.

ETA:

Oh yeah, a G2 and 6P head will fit. The 9V bulbs put out lots of IR and will melt the lexan lens of older Z2/3 6/9P and G2's.

Lumpy196
07-06-07, 17:18
Want a free Bezel?

If Im not mistaken I have one rolling around in the gun stuff...

Stik
07-06-07, 20:40
Not a genuine surefire part but makes it look cool and if you had to whack somebody in the head, this would do the trick. It also comes with another bezel tip that isn't "serrated" so it won't tear up your pants if you carry it in your pocket. I have one on a 6P w/the G&P strobe tailcap and LED replacement bulb. Pretty cool set up. The bezel is only 12.99.

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1204

SHIVAN
07-10-07, 22:00
Want a free Bezel?

If Im not mistaken I have one rolling around in the gun stuff...

Nah...I figure this is likely to occur repeatedly in the future, so I need to get a few of them in the parts bin.

Thanks for the offer though....

SHIVAN
07-10-07, 22:01
Not a genuine surefire part but makes it look cool and if you had to whack somebody in the head, this would do the trick. It also comes with another bezel tip that isn't "serrated" so it won't tear up your pants if you carry it in your pocket. I have one on a 6P w/the G&P strobe tailcap and LED replacement bulb. Pretty cool set up. The bezel is only 12.99.

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1204

Does that have a glass insert, or plastic/lexan?