PDA

View Full Version : ORDERED A REM 700 SPS TACTICAL

NavyDavy55
09-07-10, 18:45
Just ordered it through Davidson's Gallery of Guns. I already have a Bushnell 3200 Elite 10X 40 to put on it.

I need to find a bipod and Midway has a bunch of Harris bipods but I'm not sure which model to get.

I'm thinking the Harris S-BRM Bipod Leg Notch Sling Swivel Stud Mount 6" to 9" Black.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=155546
http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Large/155546.jpg

I also need some rings and base.

Belmont31R
09-07-10, 18:49
I have that model on my Mk12 build, and its a good height for both prone and off a bench.

Its not the best bipod out there but it works pretty good. Harris has been around a long time, and have a solid reputation. If you want something better you are looking at 200-300 for something like an Atlas. Id like to get one of those but for range use the Harris works for me.

Polymerhead
09-07-10, 20:05
I have that height Harris in both the leg notch and the friction vesion. I like the leg notch version better because it's easy to level the feet at any of the heights. I didn't go for the swivel version because 99% of my shooting is off the bench or off a concrete pad prone. I don't miss the swivel function at all and it saved me like $30 for each one. The swivel may be worth it for you if you're doing a lot of shooting over about 400 yards and are using an anti-cant level on your scope.

jklaughrey
09-07-10, 20:59
No need for the swivel version. Personally would never find the need.

CC556
09-07-10, 23:30
The swivel version sure is useful if you ever actually use your gun in a field setting, whether it's competition, work-related, or just for fun. If you want the benefits of the swivel and the stability of a non-swivel, then just get a swivel model and a Pod-Loc.

jklaughrey
09-07-10, 23:46
I would suppose then I am more of a minimalist in regards to specific gear. I have used both types of bipods in the past and just prefer to use my ruck if in the field.

MValdez17
09-07-10, 23:51
I have that Harris bi-pod that you are talking about. I have Leupold Mark4 Scope rings 1", and the Mark 4 1-pc base.

PrarieDog
09-07-10, 23:59
That is a good hiegth like other said to shoot off the bench or prone. I prefer the swivel units if you were to shoot in teh field. Also figure out where you may shoot quite a bit. I use the 25c 13 1/2" to 27" the most as I shoot in grass alot and shooting prone is not an option.

NavyDavy55
09-12-10, 15:40
Got the Bushnell 3200 Elite mounted and broke the barrel in today. After about 40 rounds I achieved a 1" three shot group at 100 yds shooting off a sandbag.

Not bad for a rookie, lots and lots of practice in my future!