PDA

View Full Version : ?? on 4x21 carry handle mount scope, Hakko mfgr

Prairie Fire
07-06-07, 18:27
I need a cheap, relatively small scope for an A1 upper. A long time ago, I had a Colt scope on an SP-1, it worked OK. I realize that there are many better scopes out there these days, but with the carry handle upper, choices are still limited.

CDNN Sports is selling a Hakko- made look-alike of the old Colt-branded scope. Their ad says that Hakko made the Colt scopes.

They also make an illuminated scope that is similar. I'd like that, but from the looks of eye position versus mounting stud location, this illuminated scope seems to put the firer's head back quite a bit. Just as soon avoid that, I'm used to nosing the charging handle. It's sort of hard to tell from a quarter view pic, but that's the way it looks, comparing the illuminated vs non-illuminated.

Anybody have any experience with either of these two Hakko scopes? Other ideas of a charging handle mounted scope would be appreciated.

C4IGrant
07-07-07, 09:33
I need a cheap, relatively small scope for an A1 upper. A long time ago, I had a Colt scope on an SP-1, it worked OK. I realize that there are many better scopes out there these days, but with the carry handle upper, choices are still limited.

CDNN Sports is selling a Hakko- made look-alike of the old Colt-branded scope. Their ad says that Hakko made the Colt scopes.

They also make an illuminated scope that is similar. I'd like that, but from the looks of eye position versus mounting stud location, this illuminated scope seems to put the firer's head back quite a bit. Just as soon avoid that, I'm used to nosing the charging handle. It's sort of hard to tell from a quarter view pic, but that's the way it looks, comparing the illuminated vs non-illuminated.

Anybody have any experience with either of these two Hakko scopes? Other ideas of a charging handle mounted scope would be appreciated.

Hakko optics are pretty much junk IMHO. My best advice would be to save your money and buy a USED Aimpoint.

C4

Prairie Fire
07-07-07, 13:24
I need magnification, would prefer 4x.

C4IGrant
07-07-07, 13:49
I need magnification, would prefer 4x.

Roger. With your A1, it is really hard to mount an optic well in that setup. Ever thought of changing out your upper receiver?

C4

Prairie Fire
07-07-07, 17:37
No, I recently changed TO this used Colt M16A1 upper, from a Dissipator. I wanted increased MV with light weight, and I like it a lot. Tried to get a 20" skinny 1/9 barrel, but that wasn't happening. Maybe should have got just the 20" skinny barrel and bought a flat-top to put it in.

I asked this question over on Subguns last week, a guy replied at length about Hakko in general. Said they would build quality to whatever spec was desired in the contract. Bad contracts=junk scopes, good contracts=better scopes.

C4IGrant
07-08-07, 06:57
The best advice I can give you is to go with a Compact ACOG. They will sit down in the hole in your carry handle.

C4