PDA

View Full Version : Will BCM do a custom setup?

SMOKEEATERFF
09-09-10, 11:37
I was wondering if BCM would do a custom setup. Here's what I was thinking for a future SBR build.

Spikes Stripped Lower with LPK-already have.
BCM Upper 11.5"
Troy TRX 11" Free Float Rail
Troy HK Style Folding Sights
BCM Bolt and Charging Handle

huntsimp
09-09-10, 11:42
No they will not.

PrivateCitizen
09-09-10, 11:44
I was wondering if BCM would do a custom setup. Here's what I was thinking for a future SBR build.

BCM Upper 11.5"

I recently had an email from them indicating that they do not.

However, this upper is awfully close to what you are looking at in regard to those parts. (or did you mean a TRX Standard?)

LINK (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SS410-12-5-Carbine-Upper-Receiver-VTAC-p/bcm-urg-12%20ss410%20vtrx11.htm)

Everything else you have can be freely ordered and added (sights, etc)

SMOKEEATERFF
09-09-10, 11:48
Oh, I was hoping they would, I could set it up but the 11.5" they offer minus handquards, has the fixed front post installed.

PrivateCitizen
09-09-10, 11:55
Oh, I was hoping they would, I could set it up but the 11.5" they offer minus handquards, has the fixed front post installed.

You might consider buying that and have it direct shipped to Adco to remove/shave the FSB. Then assemble the FF setup keeping the shaved FSB as the gas block. or …

You can then install the Troy barrel nut and re-pin the FSB yourself.

In terms of custom configs it is a relatively inexpensive way to get what exactly you want.

SMOKEEATERFF
09-09-10, 12:19
Not sure what I want to do. It will be a little while but that's the setup I really like. Troy has a setup just like it but they use there receiver and barrel group-I would rather have the BCM.

PrivateCitizen
09-09-10, 12:51
Not sure what I want to do. It will be a little while but that's the setup I really like. Troy has a setup just like it but they use there receiver and barrel group-I would rather have the BCM.

Ah. Interesting. I was not aware Troy was doing completed uppers now.

Thanks for the heads up.

mtdawg169
09-09-10, 13:29

BCM Upper 11.5"

Try Grant at G&R. He sells BCM uppers & lowers and could probably set one up for you however you like.

Adam0331
09-09-10, 13:33
Not the same, but similar.

http://https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=61960 (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=61960)

rob_s
09-09-10, 13:47
you want the Troy TRX Extreme or the 4-rail version?

SMOKEEATERFF
09-09-10, 14:14
The TRX Extreme. BCM has a 12.5" with the VTAC rail which is pretty much the same. I would take either, just like the 11.5" better.

rob_s
09-09-10, 14:23
I just replaced a DD 9.0 with a VTAC 9.0 on one of my 11.5" guns. I was going to mount up the 11.0 just to show folks what it looks like but didn't bother. For whatever reason I think I'd stick to >1.5" from rail end to muzzle (in terms of advertised rail length vs. actual barrel length). I know that doesn't help you because they don't make a 10.0 VTAC anyway, but if you're set on the 11.0 VTAC I'd go with the 12.5" barrel.

I have a 12.5" barrel with a 12.0 rail on it and have mixed feelings about the combination.

SMOKEEATERFF
09-09-10, 15:13
Okay what's the mixed feelings for? Just wondering, never had a sbr before. I have a 16" Dominator from GG&G.

lalakai
09-09-10, 16:57
Try Grant at G&R. He sells BCM uppers & lowers and could probably set one up for you however you like.

yeah i would give Grant a call also. he helped me in the past when i wanted a specific configuration

seb5
09-09-10, 17:04
I agree with Robs post. I've got a 10" Troy rail on a 10.5" SBR. If you're just taking it to the range and letting loose it won't matter. If you're using it at some competitions or training with anything like a shooting wall you will find that the fat rail on the end of your barrel can get in the way of shooting. I ordered a Troy Ext. 9" for this set up and might eventually order a 12.5" barrel for this 9" rail. FWIW I have the 11" Troy Ext. on my 14.7 with pinned Battlecomp and a 13" Troy Ext. on my 16" LW barrel.

SMOKEEATERFF
09-14-10, 16:38
I sent Grant an e-mail the other day and he sent me one back but no answer on if he can do it. BCM sent an email and said that they couldn't do it, but it was being considered for the future. If neither can help me out I may go the 12.5" way.

monkeytoys
09-15-10, 20:21
Gungallery in Jacksonville FL were doing some custom BCM uppers with different rails. you might check with them. all you need is the stripped upper, rail, and they could shave the fsb for you.

Gun Gallery website (http://www.gungalleryjax.com/)