PDA

View Full Version : yankee Hill Machine Lower

gunnyscouts2
09-09-10, 13:41
Had a guy tell me about a Yankee Hill lower. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I know they are building rifles now but dont know anything about who makes it or if they are any good.
Just wanting info to tell him.

SuppressingFire
09-09-10, 22:28
Yankee Hill Machine lowers are gtg. I ran a complete YHM for a while, it was a very reliable gun for me. The lower I owned had a notched hammer that would not run with my dedicated 22lr upper. I $hitcanned it and sold it off, replaced it with another lower from a different company that was compatible. In all as I said YHM is a decent lower. I had no problems or issues at all, likely fired 5K rounds through it.

HuttoAg96
09-09-10, 23:06
I bought a stripped YHM lower that I put a RRA LPK into and put a BCM upper on it. Works fine, PMAGS drop free clean... additionally, I had no problems installing the LPK despite it being my first build.

gunnyscouts2
09-10-10, 08:55
I just saw the lower last night. It looks clean, just wasnt sure who made it or if it was any good for a build. I didnt know they even had them. Price sounded good, right around $100.

Thanks guys

EFR
09-10-10, 11:29
Yankee Hill makes their own lowers. The factory is in Florence Mass. I was there a couple of times years ago when they put a FF tube and folding front sight/gas block on an upper for me. I didn't care for the way the front sight/gas block was attached via set screws, so they drilled, reamed, and put taper pins in for me. While I was there, they showed me around the place. There were bins upon bins of AR parts ready for finish. At the time I was advised that YHM machine was a supplier to major AR manufacturers, but had only recently started to brand out on their own. At the time, that was tubes and buis. They did tell me who they made parts for, and although I think I remember correctly, I can't say for sure. I don't want to put out bad info. What I do remember, is they had thousands of GI cleaning rods. They have had the contract on those for years.