PDA

View Full Version : H&K MR556

jmi786
09-09-10, 17:54
Does anyone know when the hk mr556 will be available for sale?

thanks
Joe

jmi786
09-09-10, 18:16
That's not nice.
I noticed a reply and got my hopes up for an answer.

:confused:

variablebinary
09-09-10, 18:31
That's not nice.
I noticed a reply and got my hopes up for an answer.

:confused:

You'll have to keep hoping with the rest of us.

HK time is more like dog years, than human.

pkowatch
09-09-10, 18:48
I was on the H&K website last night and I noticed that they now state that the MR556 should be available late 2010 or early 2011. I had heard a few months ago that some would be shipping to dealers in October, but who knows.

PSG1 Nut
09-09-10, 18:52
I was on the H&K website last night and I noticed that they now state that the MR556 should be available late 2010 or early 2011. I had heard a few months ago that some would be shipping to dealers in October, but who knows.

2007 Shotshow they were due out that december. Do not hold your breath for the end of the year. It changes every year due to refinements!

Frens
09-10-10, 03:18
When HK feels like it.

That's about the most realistic answer you can expect.

I'm not a fan of HK or MR556/416 but that sucks if you think that both MR223 and MR308 are already available here in EU...

montrala
09-10-10, 10:19
And FNH is allergic to Euros ;) Just asked them on European availability of civi SCAR, F2000 and P90. Answer? "They will be never available outside US, because they are made in US and are under export ban and we have no plans to make civi versions in European factories".

HK at least cares to make all hassle to start US based production specifically to avoid import ban and be able to deliver civi416 for you guys. MR223 is available literally everywhere for years now, and MR308 for some half a year. It also took some effort for HK to made them this way that German Police (BKA) will allow them for civilian sale. It's not HK fault that US have import ban and they had to go trough all BATF entanglements to be able to make it.

Levels of hatred toward HK on US forums that I see is that high, so I start wonder why HK even bothers. It's pricey and you wait long. So what? BMW M3 costs more than Ford and for Ferrari you wait longer than for Chrysler. And if HK is not BWM for you, stick with Ford!

$2995? That's cheaper than basic Stag-15 mod 1 here (my first AR)!! My MR223 costed double of that. I have reasons to say that HK ripped me off if they are going to sell it for mere $2995. Please send me handful of them for this price!!! :agree:

If you want cheap and fast you have tons of DI and piston ARs to choose from in US, why even bother with evil HK then?

PSG1 Nut
09-10-10, 10:25
And FNH is allergic to Euros ;) Just asked them on European availability of civi SCAR, F2000 and P90. Answer? "They will be never available outside US, because they are made in US and are under export ban and we have no plans to make civi versions in European factories".

HK at least cares to make all hassle to start US based production specifically to avoid import ban and be able to deliver civi416 for you guys. MR223 is available literally everywhere for years now, and MR308 for some half a year. It also took some effort for HK to made them this way that German Police (BKA) will allow them for civilian sale. It's not HK fault that US have import ban and they had to go trough all BATF entanglements to be able to make it.

Levels of hatred toward HK on US forums that I see is that high, so I start wonder why HK even bothers. It's pricey and you wait long. So what? BMW M3 costs more than Ford and for Ferrari you wait longer than for Chrysler. And if HK is not BWM for you, stick with Ford!

$2995? That's cheaper than basic Stag-15 mod 1 here (my first AR)!! My MR223 costed double of that. I have reasons to say that HK ripped me off if they are going to sell it for mere $2995. Please send me handful of them for this price!!! :agree:

If you want cheap and fast you have tons of DI and piston ARs to choose from in US, why even bother with evil HK then?

I am a BIG HK Kool Aid drinker and I have been for years! When you speak with them every year and all they have is it will be out this year, then you see them next year and its well we ran into some problems but we are making it better and it will be out this year.

Same BS for 4 years now. Its coming out and it never does! I have given up on the MR556 my dealer knows I want one so he will order me one but I do not call and ask every week is it there yet!