PDA

View Full Version : ar15 m16 bcg?

stag88
09-09-10, 22:06
Whats the differance between them? Is one better then the other?

devildogljb
09-09-10, 23:32
theres alot of threads on this but its weight, the m16 bcg is heavier, and on the bottom of the bcg towards the back of it, there is more material enclosing the space on the bottom, its ment to engage the auto-sear on full auto M16s. Other then thats theres not too much more of a difference.

devildogljb
09-09-10, 23:36
here is a photo i found on the net . The one on top is a AR-15 bcg with with out a shrouded firing pin. the one in the middle is a M16 bcg and the one on the bottom is a standard Ar bcg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/devildogljb/standard.jpg

usmcvet
09-09-10, 23:47
Get the FA BCG.

bkb0000
09-09-10, 23:49
m16: STANDARD bcg
ar15: VIOLATED bcg

there's absolutely no reason to get the modified, unoriginal carrier.

stag88
09-10-10, 01:19
so should i go with an m16 bcg? im thinkng about upgrading to a bcm m16 bcg. anyone have feedback on them?

devildogljb
09-10-10, 01:21
cant go wrong with bcm, they are good too go

Blankwaffe
09-10-10, 01:24
Yeap,BCM BCG's are one of the very best available.

stag88
09-10-10, 01:29
do i need to get the ion bonded for 70 bucks more? or is the regular one gtg?

devildogljb
09-10-10, 01:44
i would go with the regular one i dont see the need to spend the extra money

ChicagoTex
09-10-10, 01:45
do i need to get the ion bonded for 70 bucks more? or is the regular one gtg?

Regular one is absolutely gtg, but supposedly the ion bonded one is a tad bit more tolerant of under-lubrication. I think someone did some real testing on it around here (do a search), but I can't remember what his results were.

usmcvet
09-10-10, 06:13
I have BCM BCG's in three personal guns and my gun at work. They are good to go. Properly tested and the fit and finish is excellent. Whe you order from them you have an email shortly acknowledging your order and win shipping and tracking info. They.ship the quickest k any one I've dep't with and their communication is outstanding.

hals1
09-11-10, 22:15
cant go wrong with bcm, they are good too go

How about LMT BCGs? BCM sells them and they have a SA version. Seems to me a SA version would keep the Brady Bunch a little bit quieter and if you don't have NFA credentials what's the difference?

Thomas M-4
09-11-10, 22:20
LMT BCG are GTG but i wouldn't get the neutered SA. The FA one has a better track record for reliability.

bkb0000
09-11-10, 22:59
How about LMT BCGs? BCM sells them and they have a SA version. Seems to me a SA version would keep the Brady Bunch a little bit quieter and if you don't have NFA credentials what's the difference?

because the STANDARD carrier has absolutely nothing to do with NFA.

Blankwaffe
09-11-10, 23:17
because the STANDARD carrier has absolutely nothing to do with NFA.

BKB,
Thats a good point.Im going to start using that terminology as well.
M16 carrier=Standard.
AR15 carrier=Modified.

Quentin
09-12-10, 01:05
I recently bought the Daniel Defense M16 BCG from G&R Tactical due to recommendations from a recent poster in this very thread. (And thanks again!)

Great price, great vendor and a top notch product easily as good as BCM's.

Unfortunately they are out of stock right now... :(

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=M16-BCG

Blankwaffe
09-12-10, 04:56
I recently bought the Daniel Defense M16 BCG from G&R Tactical due to recommendations from a recent poster in this very thread. (And thanks again!)

Yeap.Im a BCG whore....I bounce around between BCM,DD and LMT like a bat in a barrel.All are top shelf.
I doubt the DD BCG's will be at the price that Grant had again...smokin deal.

travistheone
09-12-10, 08:12
Larue has their BCG in stock if you want to go that route.

Spurholder
09-12-10, 08:18

Here - take these and save them to your hard drive if you're really that concerned about the whole M16 BCG issue.

hals1
09-12-10, 09:46
Here - take these and save them to your hard drive if you're really that concerned about the whole M16 BCG issue.

Thanks for that letter. I saw some ranting somewhere to watch out about putting FA parts in an AR-15 and this eases my mind as I already have a FA BCG in my BCM rifle upper. Maybe the guy was from CA.

Hal S

hals1
09-12-10, 09:48

I'll put that on my short and hope the deal is still there when they get them back in stock. I may still go with BCM though; those guys are great!

Hal S