PDA

View Full Version : Glock Police Distributor

platoonDaddy
09-10-10, 07:17
G19 Gen 4's:
Curious about the availability of G19's in your area, here in Maryland we have only one authorized Glock Police Distributor and Glock won't give them a delivery date. My cuz in Western Pa, joined GSSF to purchase a G19 and the two Police Distributors in his area also haven't received a date for delivery.

Any intel on why?

bigkracka
09-10-10, 20:07
Why buy local? Ed's Public safety has them in stock, and you skip the tax.

GLOCKMASTER
09-10-10, 20:24

The shipping cost and transfer fees most dealers charge will probably well exceed what the tax would cost him.

Just yesterday I saw a Gen 4 G19 or two in the local LE dealers case.

platoonDaddy
09-10-10, 21:49

Previously downloaded their catalog (PDF) file:

1. Did a search on Gen 4 and zero hits

2. The pictures of the weapons aren't stamped with Gen 4

Due too the FFL cost, overnight shipping, it is much cheaper to purchase locally. Also they don't advertise as being a GLOCK Police Distributor, which provides a significance price reduction to LEO's etc.

platoonDaddy
09-10-10, 22:04
Just yesterday I saw a Gen 4 G19 or two in the local LE dealers case.

That is interesting, wonder why our guy can't get any, he has Gen 4 17's that have been in for a long time, but zero G19's.

GLOCKMASTER
09-11-10, 07:58
That is interesting, wonder why our guy can't get any, he has Gen 4 17's that have been in for a long time, but zero G19's.

Probably just waiting for his turn on the shipping list.

SWAT Lt.
09-13-10, 22:18
The GEN 4 guns are pretty well avaiable at our LE Dealer, I recently picked up a G19 Gen 4.

Ga Shooter
09-14-10, 09:57
Previously downloaded their catalog (PDF) file:

1. Did a search on Gen 4 and zero hits

2. The pictures of the weapons aren't stamped with Gen 4

Due too the FFL cost, overnight shipping, it is much cheaper to purchase locally. Also they don't advertise as being a GLOCK Police Distributor, which provides a significance price reduction to LEO's etc.

This is where I buy my Glocks. They are a police distributor and they have the Gen 4s in stock (I bought 2 17s from them) not sure about the 19s yet. They charge $15.00 shipping. They are great people to do business with. Give them a call.

johnson
09-14-10, 14:28
www.ombguns.com

bc361
09-14-10, 17:01
I saw a gen 4 G19 at Ed's yesterday. Their prices are hard to beat if you are LEO/MIL and price is same for cash or credit.

Ak44
10-02-10, 02:51
Engage Armament (Kensington, MD) is an LE Glock dealer and has Gen4 G19s in stock.

platoonDaddy
10-02-10, 04:16
Engage Armament (Kensington, MD) is an LE Glock dealer and has Gen4 G19s in stock.

That is interesting "The Cop Shop" according to Glock in Ga. is Maryland’s Only Maryland-based Authorized GLOCK Police Distributor.

In any event the G19's & 23's started arriving in the middle of Sep.

DirectAction
10-02-10, 09:53
Wish you well with the new Glocks....My department went with the .45 GAP and has seen positive results.

Ak44
10-02-10, 10:22
Distributor is different than Dealer? Engage has blue label guns that they order from somewhere. I assume you just can't order blue label guns unless you are some kind of LE Dealer.

Militant83
10-02-10, 12:59
Vances shooter supply here in central ohio is the nearest police distributer to me and they usually keep a pretty good stock on their LEO/Mil glocks. I just got a 17 from them and they are stocking both gen 3 and 4s.

platoonDaddy
10-03-10, 07:50
Distributor is different than Dealer?

That is a very good question and I don't know the answer.

When I called Ga and asked for a Police Distributor in Md and they stated the Cop Shop in Balto. Visiting the "Cop Shop's" web page the opening comment states:

Maryland’s Only Maryland-based Authorized GLOCK Police Distributor

Serving Our Law Enforcement and Fire & Rescue Community Since 1984

http://www.copshopmd.com/The_Cop_Shop/Homepage.html

Maybe another poster will be able to explain the difference between a Distributor and a Dealer. Just a thought; maybe the distributor sells to the Dealer.

Hat Creek
10-03-10, 10:39
Presence of blue label Glock boxes does not determine that they are a "Distributor", and if a sale is dependent on your hearing that they are a "Distributor", someone is likely to give you that answer.

An authorized Glock LE Distributor is required to keep a certain amount of inventory and generally sells to agencies and those that qualify for the public safety discount on pistols.

A "dealer" is generally a business holding an FFL in order to engage in retail commercial sales. Some dealers have the ability to sub-distribute from an authorized Glock LE Distributor. This is dependent on location and the ability of the dealer to work with the distributor. It does not obligate the dealer to sell at the same price as the distributor, which would mean operating at a loss, but can result in some good prices for the end user.

Authorized distributors are normally given a time frame for product deliveries, but revealing that to customers is most often counter productive.

Kentucky Cop
10-03-10, 10:52
www.budspolicesupply.com

Kentucky Cop

platoonDaddy
10-03-10, 15:33
Presence of blue label Glock boxes does not determine that they are a "Distributor", and if a sale is dependent on your hearing that they are a "Distributor", someone is likely to give you that answer.

An authorized Glock LE Distributor is required to keep a certain amount of inventory and generally sells to agencies and those that qualify for the public safety discount on pistols.

A "dealer" is generally a business holding an FFL in order to engage in retail commercial sales. Some dealers have the ability to sub-distribute from an authorized Glock LE Distributor. This is dependent on location and the ability of the dealer to work with the distributor. It does not obligate the dealer to sell at the same price as the distributor, which would mean operating at a loss, but can result in some good prices for the end user.

Authorized distributors are normally given a time frame for product deliveries, but revealing that to customers is most often counter productive.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, this site is amazing!