PDA

View Full Version : USA RELOADS

cessnapilot
09-10-10, 16:30
Bought a box of 100 in .223 over at Dick's a year or so ago. Fired about 40 with no problems, put the rest away. Went to the range yesterday (9-9-10) and had no problem with the about the first 20 rounds. Forgot to mention I was shooting a Remington bolt action. As I pulled the bolt back to eject a spent round only the rear half came out. The front half was stuck in the barrel ahead of the chamber. That finished my day at the range with that rifle, I had no cleaning rod with me. I was kind of disturbed, that ammo is supposed to be once fired brass, this particular case had a Lake City 06 headstamp. It must have been sized more then once and streached out to thin. Came home and had no problem getting the front half of the case out of the barrel with a cleaning rod. It took like 10 seconds to do. I'm not shooting reloads anymore, factory .223 is cheap enough. I like my Remington .223 Bolt a lot, obviously, i'm happy I didn't get hurt or destroy the weapon.
-pilot

DBLTAPEM
09-12-10, 23:44
Did you buy this ammo at a gun show? I have never heard of "USA Reloads". Is there a web sight?

cessnapilot
09-13-10, 01:32
Did you buy this ammo at a gun show? I have never heard of "USA Reloads". Is there a web sight?

It was Ultramax reloads, that stuff they sell at Dick's. I was thinking it was USA, then I looked at the box.

mike_556
09-13-10, 09:39
I've been told this happens a lot with Ultramax.

markm
09-13-10, 20:09
I've had once fired brass separate on me. It happens. I wouldn't obsess on it or give up on reloads completely.

I wouldn't shoot ultramax ammo though.

Heavy Metal
09-13-10, 20:10
SAW Brass.