PDA

View Full Version : Nine years ago, today...

Bobert0989
09-11-10, 04:43
This country was attacked on it's own soil by a group of extreme terrorists. That attack sparked a war of climaxing conflict in which thousands upon thousands of good, brave men and women have diligently served. They serve to stand in my place and to protect my rights and freedoms granted by our forefathers and my God. It is thanks to these men and women that my family can rest peacefully at night.

Many of these soldiers have not or will not return home alive, making the ultimate sacrifice for my sake. I live every day in gratitude to them and their service for me and my country.

I thought this would be a good place to share names of those we know personally that have been or are currently involved in active service in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, etc. due to this American War. If you have/are personally serving, please "stand-up" now to be recognized by the crowd. I want to personally thank every one of you for what you have made possible for me.

I bring forward the name of my cousin SSGT Bradley Johnson, he was a member of a transport team stationed in Kuwait for nearly 2 years, driving convoys through Iraq into Baghdad. (In Camp Arlington, I believe). I'll always remember writing to you and sending cans of Kodiak Wintergreen on a weekly basis. Took a whole week's pay for me to buy that much Kodiak...

Also Terry Brockman, a boy that graduated a year prior to me from my high-school, has spent three terms in Iraq, and I had the honor of buying him and his family dinner after he finally returned home safely.

Thanks for your service.
~Bobby