PDA

View Full Version : M & P 45 compact question

mtneer13
09-11-10, 16:15
anybody tell me the difference in the 2 stock mags??? my buddy just bought one...one mag has an extended floor and the other doesn't...one takes 8 rounds the other only 7...any answers???

jst0915
09-11-10, 18:01
Both of the mags should hold 8 rounds. The only difference between the two is that one has an extended baseplate and the other doesn't. S&W does this so that users can pick which baseplate they like best. I would have your friend load the mag that only holds 7 for a few weeks to relax the spring tension a little bit. After that he should be able to load 8 rounds in there.

mtneer13
09-11-10, 18:20
that's what i told him...he's worried that something is wrong, but i told him that the spring tension is just really tight right now as it is new and would soon relax...this is his first pistol and he was worried about it after seeing my h & k 45c's and my 1911s...i just wanted to ensure that no one had similar problems and bad mags...thanks!!!

mlk18
09-11-10, 22:13
jst0915 is right on. When I bought my M&P 45 FS I had the same issue with one of the mags. After a few weeks it relaxed a little and I could get that last round in without a mag loader.