PDA

View Full Version : how scrrewed am i............

fz1boxer
09-11-10, 19:49
possible pituitary problems.
2008 i had a bout with hyperthyroidism,lots of weight loss no sleep and headaches.
everything got sorted through 2009 early 2010 with medication.
started having the headaches on a grander scale,some weight loss but im back up to 4500 cal per day,in 2008 i figured i was eating and dumping 6500 cal per day.
svere irritabilty loss of sleep,same symptoms but slightly different.
went in for blood work,t4 was low but tsh was normal.
doctor wants to run the noggin through the looking glass machine to look for a tumor on the pit gland.
going monday to get t3 checked.

p.s.the spousal unit already has dibs on the weapons and ammo

WillBrink
09-21-10, 16:02
2008 i had a bout with hyperthyroidism,lots of weight loss no sleep and headaches.
started having the headaches on a grander scale,some weight loss but im back up to 4500 cal per day,in 2008 i figured i was eating and dumping 6500 cal per day.
doctor wants to run the noggin through the looking glass machine to look for a tumor on the pit gland.

Thyroid problems are pretty common. If the doc you are working with is not already, I would ask for a referral to an endocrinologist who specializes in thyroid issues if scan comes back negative. Doc I work with for thyroid issues is an endo who does nothing but thryoid focus.

Good luck.

M4Fundi
09-22-10, 01:54

Prayers for you... you'll be OK!

Derek_Connor
09-27-10, 17:40

What did the T3 come back as? Do you remember what your T4 was as well? Do you have any symptoms of cold extremities (hands/feet)?

Have you read up or tried any type of Iodine supplementation? Do some googling around on iodine/thyroid function and there are some emerging sources discussing the relationships there.

God forbid, if there is a tumor at your pituitary, the surgery for this relatively minimally invasive (compared to other types of brain surgeries). Finding a surgeon who specializes in transsphenoidal approaches (through the nasal cavity) would be key.

Let us know when you get the intel..