PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint and general scope mounts other than Larue?

Sid Post
07-08-07, 18:42
I have read a lot different forums and threads over the past few days. Things seem to be pretty universal in general regarding Larue as the best maker of mounts for Aimpoints and Scopes in general. I really haven't seen much that was negative about the quality or performance of Larue mounts and the few I did read sounded like the poster had an axe to grind against Larue.

Does any other company compete equally with Larue in optics mounts? There are a lot of options in Aimpoints, EoTechs, Trijicons, and various scopes for normal flat top and/or railed rifles.

Knights comes highly regarded but, I don't see their mounts mentioned. Are they equal in terms of quality and performance and don't get mentioned because they aren't available in the civilian marketplace or something similar?

Who competes against Larue in terms of price, performance, and quality?

Thanks!

TWR
07-08-07, 19:50
I tried several different mounts and settled on the Armalite mount for quite a while.

Then I bought 2 Aimpoints and 2 LaRue mounts from Grant at G&R. The mounts return to zero so then I decided to try a scope mount and be able to switch from a scope to an Aimpoint without worry. Works perfectly. I also talked a buddy into trying their 1.93 mount with a 1.5-5 scope, it works perfectly. I still have 1 Armalite mount left but...

The price is twice that of an Armalite mount but I think it's at least twice the mount.

Hoplophile
07-08-07, 20:42
Knights comes highly regarded but, I don't see their mounts mentioned. Are they equal in terms of quality and performance and don't get mentioned because they aren't available in the civilian marketplace or something similar?Excellent quality but more expensive, harder to find in stock and they do not have the same quick-detach and return to zero.

Harv
07-08-07, 20:44
This is an easy answer... NO....
If I found something better then laRue.... I'd be using it....;)

f.2
07-08-07, 21:21
Don't worry about soap operas, they don't involve you, the customer end user. Get the LaRue.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/LT129_thumb.jpg http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/lt150DT_thumb.jpg

Sid Post
07-08-07, 23:17
Don't worry about soap operas, they don't involve you, the customer end user.

Check your PM's.

rob_s
07-09-07, 04:32
Larue is definitely top dog right now. It wasn't too long ago, however, that ARMS was the bees knees. All of this stuff moves in cycles and there's always some new innovator coming along. This is good in that it's great to see things get improved, but it's bad in that so many people junk perfectly serviceable gear in order to have the next cool new thing.

Paulinski
07-09-07, 08:35
I only used LaRue and will continue to do so.

PalmerB
07-09-07, 09:42
Larue mounts are the best. If you order from Larue, they may send the armadillo.

Greyman09
07-09-07, 10:31
Larue is the best.

MaceWindu
07-09-07, 13:07
Does any other company compete equally with Larue in optics mounts?

Nope.

Who competes against Larue in terms of price, performance, and quality?

No one. Nuff said. If Larue is an option, Larue is thee answer.

Mace

AR-15A3
07-09-07, 13:30
LaRue is the best in terms of price, performance and quality in my own opinion.

I only have two LaRue mounts for now which are the EOTech and new Aimpoint magnifier pivot (flip) mounts plus I also have their 9.0 rails and I'm going to get more of their excellent products in the future.

militarymoron
07-09-07, 14:04
if you want QD, LaRue is the way to go, IMHO. thumbscrews and knobs loosen.

Henchman
07-09-07, 16:24
Larue mounts are the best there is. After you use one you will actually think that they are a bargin for the price.

This Guy
07-09-07, 21:51
I'm still using my "old" ARMS and GG&G stuff from about 5 years back. I like the Larue stuff, I just don't need anything new right now. Reflex sights aside, I'll probably go with Badger Ordnance for my next set of scope mounts.

Haji
07-18-07, 20:18
I did some lookin' around when I first got my M2, because the torque limiting mount has a protruding knob that's incredibly irritating. Knight's is a nice mount, and so is Troy. I could have gotten an ARMS mount for it, but I've seen more pics of ARMS levers broken than anybody else's parts, so La Rue became the way to go. There's is a really elegant solution. If I already had an ARMS mount on it, I'd keep it, but since I only had the stock mount, I went with what are the current top of the heap. That, of course, means I'm cool as hell on the Intarweb.:D

Mark LaRue
07-27-07, 17:12
Check your PM's.

Hey, no whisperin'.

:cool:

gunny
07-28-07, 11:42
The LT mounts are great. Expensive but worth the price no question. You can get a good mount from Aimpoint in the QRP package but you need the spacer to be able to co-witness properly on your flat top w/out a riser. Larue gives you everything you need in one package & is nothing else is comparable IMO. Of course, your own personal preference is what will dictate what's the best in your mind. I think you just can't get any better than a Larue for this particular application though.

Haji
07-28-07, 20:38
Expensive but worth the price no question.
In terms of other high end mounts on the market, La Rue aren't expensive. They're in the same ball park as others, and less expensive than most of 'em.