PDA

View Full Version : Difference between FN SPR A1 & SPR A3G?

C'yotecaller
07-08-07, 19:21
I am looking to purchase an FN SPR very soon. I will admit, the top of the food chain A3G is the one I really want, but at $2,300+ to buy one its seems kinda out of my reach. However, I have found I can pick up an SPR A1 for around $1,200 all day long. My question for you guys who either own or have used either model is... what is the accuracy difference between them if any? And is the A3G really worth spending an extra grand on? I dont shoot in any competitions. The rifle would be used exclusivley for hunting and target shooting. Althought the local range has a new 1,000 yard range I would love to try and learn to shoot long range.
I know the A3G has obvious upgrades like the fluted barrel, adjustable cheek piece and removable butt pad inserts. But just shooting steel plates off of a bench would there be any real difference in the performance of the rifles? Thanks in advance.

Sid Post
07-08-07, 20:58
The A3G stock is an upgrade to me that is worth $$.

The factory guarantee of accuracy is better. My rifle will group in 3/8ths of an inch if you have a better shooter then I behind the scope.

Turnkey11
07-09-07, 20:18
Does the A3g come with the threaded barrel as was specified by the FBI during the trial between FN and HS Precision?

C'yotecaller
07-21-07, 02:59
yes, the A3G comes with the fluted barrel. I have found SPR A1's that are fluted, but they are the shorter 20 inch barrel versions