PDA

View Full Version : SIG 238 Update

skipper49
09-12-10, 20:25
I posted about three weeks ago that I'd bought a new Sig P238 and that after one range session with it I sold off some .308 ammo I had to go back and buy another one. I did just that and have had the second pistol for two weeks and absolutely could not be more pleased.
I was aware(AFTER I'd bought my first one) that Sig has had problems with this model, but after doing a good bit of research it looked as though Sig had started to get a handle on the teething problems, including already having a third generation mag that went with a flat follower with a dimple. Sound familiar? Also, most of the negative reports seemed to be coming from a small, but vocal (understandably) number of owners. I liked the way this thing shot and handled so well that I decieded to risk the second one, and it too works flawlessly with PMC Bronze FMJ, as well as Hydra Shoks that as you know, have a pretty aggressive hollow point. Both pistols feed them as well as ball. Those are the only ammo choices I've used thus far, but I'm gaining confidence in these half pints pretty quickly.
Thanks for listening.

Skip