PDA

View Full Version : Upper remodel.

SW-Shooter
09-12-10, 21:33
I have a 14.5 upper with a perm mounted YHM suppressor FH. Mounted on the upper is a YHM FF hand guard.

My issue is that I want to go with a better hand guard set up. Will I be able to remove the hand guard without having the FH removed as well?

I want to go with a TROY INDUSTRIES MRF-RX FREE FLOAT 13.8, will this install be possible to mount over the FH. I also want to go with a gas block that is the lowest possible height, What would you recommend.

Thanks

dennisuello
09-12-10, 21:48
I have a 14.5 upper with a perm mounted YHM suppressor FH. Mounted on the upper is a YHM FF hand guard.

My issue is that I want to go with a better hand guard set up. Will I be able to remove the hand guard without having the FH removed as well?

I want to go with a TROY INDUSTRIES MRF-RX FREE FLOAT 13.8, will this install be possible to mount over the FH. I also want to go with a gas block that is the lowest possible height, What would you recommend.

ThanksMRF series rails are two-piece and install without a need to remove flashhider, as they clamp to the stock barrel nut.

SW-Shooter
09-12-10, 22:42
MRF series rails are two-piece and install without a need to remove flashhider, as they clamp to the stock barrel nut.

Ummm, I no longer have a stock barrel nut. I need to see if one will fit over the FH.

ETA: Nope, it won't fit. Off to find a new unit.

Carp, I just realized I wouldn't be able to get the gas block over the FH. Looks like it's time to build a new upper.