PDA

View Full Version : Resources with Google DOA

mlk18
09-12-10, 23:33
I did not do a search to see how many times this issue may have been covered, but I was sitting her Googling some surival topics and got to thinking that if I ever had to go into survival mode I doubt Google would be there for me. Sans, of course, my laptop having satellite fed wireless internet and a solar powered charger (but even then the clock would be ticking). So I dug out a good first aid guide book, a couple old (thin) survival books and a variety of other written materials that may be worth hauling with me in my bug-out-bag. Especially if days turn into weeks and weeks turn into forever.

What would you want to have, resource wise, if you had to bug out? You know, other than just taking shelter in a library.

Blstr88
09-13-10, 03:28
Everytime I find a real good source or article or anything online about any sort of topic I'm not really familiar with, I print it out. I've got a huge collection already of all kinds of great information. Things I wouldnt study/learn just for the hell of it, but will definitely come in handy during any sort of SHTF.

Information and how-to stuff would be HUGE during a SHTF situation, a few bucks for a couple hundred pages of paper and some ink for your printer will absolutely be worth gold if/when the time ever comes for you to need that knowledge. I'd recommend doing the same!

sandsunsurf
09-13-10, 10:38
I have FM 21-76 Survival manual and "Desert Survival Skills" by David Alloway in my 72 hour kit. If I find another good book, I'll add it...

HES
09-13-10, 12:58
One of the tricks I learned in the Army was index cards. Put the critical data you need, laminate them, punch a hole in one corner of the card, and then bind them all together with a caribener. Yeah you can wind up with a stack some where between 6 to 9 inches thick, but if you print small enough you can condense several books / manuals into one nifty, easy to carry old fashioned filing cabinet. Almost like the Ranger hand book. Considering that I was doing this back in the days before you could eaisly do this with a printer, I can only imagine the wealth of data you can now store.

K.L. Davis
09-13-10, 16:20
This is an excellent post... please put links to information in the newly created Library Thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=62395).

mlk18
09-14-10, 11:36
Just added some field manuals to the "library".

I sure hope they installed some new ink cartridges at work! Kidding. :sarcastic: