PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster Upper, Cheyenne WY

hals1
09-13-10, 15:12
I have a Bushmaster XM15-E2S 16" carbine, A1 carry handle. I have decided I want a flattop. Seems the simple solution is sell the upper and buy another (probably a BCM middie). Either that or get a new stripped upper and swap parts. I don't have the special tools though.

Anybody in/near Cheyenne WY do builds?

What would be a fair asking price for a Bushmaster 16" carbine upper with fixed A1 carry handle. It has about 60 rounds through it. The carrier key has been properly staked, but the ejector stuff is original.

The Solid
09-13-10, 18:17
Casper here. I will ask around to see if anyone here has the tools if you decide to go that route, Cheyenne isn't that far away. I have some of the tools, but borrowed what I didn't from a local guy for my last build.

hals1
09-13-10, 22:55
Casper here. I will ask around to see if anyone here has the tools if you decide to go that route, Cheyenne isn't that far away. I have some of the tools, but borrowed what I didn't from a local guy for my last build.

Great. You're right, Casper isn't that far. I could even run the parts up there some weekend. Of course, I have to save the money for the parts first. Maybe before the weather gets bad?

I'm thinking I might buy more than one lower if I can get a deal. You interested?

Hal

Dienekes
09-14-10, 00:07
If you don't mind staying BM, I seem to recall they will swap your upper recievers for pretty well the cost of the part; and I think they will do the work gratis. You might call them.

I have one of their A1 carbines like yours and have thought about it myself. However I like the compact ACOG on the handle and it works out fine for me.

hals1
09-14-10, 22:44
If you don't mind staying BM, I seem to recall they will swap your upper recievers for pretty well the cost of the part; and I think they will do the work gratis. You might call them.

I have one of their A1 carbines like yours and have thought about it myself. However I like the compact ACOG on the handle and it works out fine for me.

Sent them an email this morning. They said they would do the labor for free. Now I gotta decide whether to go that route or get a new BCM lower and sell the Bushmaster. I have to run the numbers and see which is cheaper. I am currently running a Bushnell 2.5X on the Leupold carry handle mount and it works fine; just don't like the setup or the irons.

Anybody interested in a Bushmaster A1 carbine upper with properly staked key and Crane o-ring? I'll even throw in a Leupold carry handle scope mount (returns to zero) and an NCStar carry handle mount with dropped rail (absolute co-witness with a BSA red dot).
How about the whole Bushmaster XM4-E2S?

I'm in SE Wyoming.

Hal