PDA

View Full Version : Record Rount Count?

fmhscopeland
09-13-10, 15:23
I have a ish count of how many rounds i have through each weapon at first but now that my collection grows i start to loose count. Any one keep a book or something in there range bag to record the amount shot and what they were?

gtmtnbiker98
09-13-10, 16:17
I keep an Excel spreadsheet for each firearm. Every round is documented along with manufacturer, type, weight and number of rounds of each type.

willowofwisp
09-13-10, 16:23
I keep an Excel spreadsheet for each firearm. Every round is documented along with manufacturer, type, weight and number of rounds of each type.

I do the same thing, every gun every round..

varoadking
09-13-10, 16:34
Every round is documented...

Seems like a lot of entries.

I just shoot mine...and have something of an "ish" idea of round count too...

jaxman7
09-13-10, 16:37
I don't shoot reloads so I just tear off the corner of the box of whatever ammo I shot and dump it in my range bag. When I get home I write down the load and count off those pieces of carboard in my binder. One less thing (the binder) to fill up the range bag with.

platoonDaddy
09-13-10, 16:42
Seems like a lot of entries.

I just shoot mine...and have something of an "ish" idea of round count too...

I am retired and as you have a "ish" round count. :)

Suwannee Tim
09-13-10, 20:11
Reading all the trouble you folks go to makes me tired! No I don't count. I reckon I should but I never have and doubt I ever will.

RogerinTPA
09-13-10, 21:30
I try to account for all rounds fired so I can track when things broke and what round count to start replacing things. I use HS/LD notebook and "manually" write in date, rounds fired, total rounds fired, malfunctions, date cleaned, etc...

Hayuya
09-13-10, 21:53

I do the same thing. Although, I don't shoot as often as most of you guys. That's makes it easier to keep track.

loupav
09-13-10, 22:21
I just go out and buy a $1 note book. The weapon travels with that note book to the range and back. At the range I write down my report. Something along the lines of...

9-13-10
150 rds American Eagle 124 gr FMJ
50 rds Fiocchi 124 gr FMJ
25 rds Federal 147 gr JHP

225 total rounds fired

X300? YES NO (I circle one if the weapon is equipped with a light.)

And at the bottom I include notes. If I noticed anything odd or different about the weapon. I also include maintenance records in the book.

M4Fundi
09-13-10, 22:34
Log book with each type of ammo I use regularly for that weapon and I just put a mark down and at 5 cross over the four marks and each mark stands for what ever type of qty that I regularly purchase that ammo in... for pistols each mark is a 50 round box, for AR each mark is for a case of ammo. Spreadsheets will be in my future once I figure out the iPhone;)

Entropy
09-13-10, 22:39
I keep track of what I generally use in each weapon per month. The only reason I care is so that I can estimate when I should do a full armorer's service and replace parts. Some parts get replaced every service, and some get replaced every 2-3 services. Never had any problems in over 10 years of excessive shooting with that schedule.

mlk18
09-13-10, 22:54
I start out counting very carefully through the break in period and to ensure I achieve 500 problem free rounds. After that I keep a rough estimate of what's going down range for continued maintenance.