PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9 sight question

vaspence
09-13-10, 16:55
I'm sure someone here can answer quickly. Will a Warren rear work with the factory front night sight. I've looked and cannot find a height for the factory front night sight. Anyone running this setup? If it won't work any plain black rears of similar ilk out there that will?

Thanks,
Spence

willowofwisp
09-13-10, 17:00
I'm sure someone here can answer quickly. Will a Warren rear work with the factory front night sight. I've looked and cannot find a height for the factory front night sight. Anyone running this setup?

Thanks,
Spence

from what i have been told and read the answer is no, the front sight is not tall enough

Magsz
09-13-10, 18:08
Yes, the front sight will work but it will change your sight picture and point of impact.

Factory sight height is .160 i believe.

Warren sells a .165 height front sight.

I believe from the factory the sights are configured to shoot the dot, ie hold the dot over target, press trigger, achieve point of aim. With a taller front sight with a stock rear sight you're going to end up shooting low.

With a stock front and a warren rear i believe you're going to have to aim a BIT higher. Someone correct me if im wrong here, sometimes i get wires crossed and my explanations come out backwards.

willowofwisp
09-13-10, 18:53
Yes, the front sight will work but it will change your sight picture and point of impact.

Factory sight height is .160 i believe.

Warren sells a .165 height front sight.

I believe from the factory the sights are configured to shoot the dot, ie hold the dot over target, press trigger, achieve point of aim. With a taller front sight with a stock rear sight you're going to end up shooting low.

With a stock front and a warren rear i believe you're going to have to aim a BIT higher. Someone correct me if im wrong here, sometimes i get wires crossed and my explanations come out backwards.

Magz, your correct a shorter front sight means you have to aim higher.

when I said didn't work I meant that it would not achieve the factory poa.

I am debating over the sevigny rear or warren rear on my 9c

Hooligan
09-13-10, 18:56
delete

Magsz
09-13-10, 20:11
Will,

Not to derail this thread but if you're carrying your 9c you might want to consider the sevigny sight as it is not as sharp as the warren rear.

However, be sure that you want to use a standard square notch versus a U notch as there are difference between the two.

willowofwisp
09-13-10, 20:24
Will,

Not to derail this thread but if you're carrying your 9c you might want to consider the sevigny sight as it is not as sharp as the warren rear.

However, be sure that you want to use a standard square notch versus a U notch as there are difference between the two.

Magz,

Thanks for the info, i had a sevigny rear on my old glock 26, but it was so long ago i forgot what it was like lol

to the OP i would just order the two dot night sight set and if the stock front works yo could always sell the night sight

vaspence
09-13-10, 20:49
I've been running the Warren plain rear/trit front on my Glocks for a few years. May have to order a full set for this one, was just hoping to get by cheap:D