PDA

View Full Version : BCM/EAG midlength or Noveske N4 lo pro carbine

abanks8245
09-13-10, 17:42
finishing up my colt 6920 and will be looking to finish or cure my BRD(hopefully) by having my small collection done. I have narrowed it down to the better brands in my opinion, Noveske and BCM, but wonder which is the better buy. If i buy either one it is for the same reasons I bought my LMT and COLT buy once, cry once quality from the jump, my choices are these two. EAG/BCM complete rifle or Noveske N4 low po carbine. Observations/opinions reviews ect, thank for the help in advance

Whootsinator
09-13-10, 18:13
Personally I think a mix of the two. A Noveske N4 base rifle with a BCM BCG.

M4Fundi
09-13-10, 18:58
Forgive my ignorance, but what makes the BCM BCG better than a Noveske BCG?

Doesn't the fact that the BCM has a FSB and the Noveske does not make these kind of apples and oranges to choose between?

Sounds like you really need both:p

kbi
09-13-10, 19:01
Dont you know there is no cure for BRD.

My 1st build was im 05. Followed by 3 more in 06 an a SBR in early 07.

Thought I had it burnt out of my system til a few months ago and now I have a lower laughing at me.

If I were you Id wait til BCM make the BFH 14.5 middys available or just take advantage of the summer upper sale.

Failure2Stop
09-13-10, 19:21
finishing up my colt 6920 and will be looking to finish or cure my BRD(hopefully) by having my small collection done. I have narrowed it down to the better brands in my opinion, Noveske and BCM, but wonder which is the better buy. If i buy either one it is for the same reasons I bought my LMT and COLT buy once, cry once quality from the jump, my choices are these two. EAG/BCM complete rifle or Noveske N4 low po carbine. Observations/opinions reviews ect, thank for the help in advance

What is your application?
What is your expectation?
What is your equipment capability gap?
How much capability redunadancy/cross-over do you currently have?
If this will be your fourth, and you just finished a 6920, what are your other 2, and what do they do?
If you just want it "Just 'Cuz", ignore my questions.

RE: BCM bolt vs Noveske Bolt: BCM uses the favored extractor buffer and is tested to a further degree.

abanks8245
09-13-10, 20:30
my application: fighting rifle
expectations:utter reliability, great accuracy(w good ammo), practical accuracy with average ammo great craftmanship
equipment capability gap?
majority parts interchangeability(currently complete changeover)
and just because as well ;)

Failure2Stop
09-13-10, 21:04
Equipment capability gap:
What would you like to be able to do that your current rifles do not permit you to do or do not do well?

Examples:
Dude1 owns a 12.5 with a T-1, built primarily for 1 to 200 meter engagemets with 100 to 200meters accepting the minimum ability to consistently hit a 6" steel plate, but optimally designed to be used at 1 to 50 meters against human threats. Dude wants to be able to consistently hit a 3" target at 300 meters. A new optic will help, but an SPR setup would get him there as well as add more capability in the realm of precision marksmanship.

Dude2 owns a 16" middie with a Comp M4 with a 3X, setup as a GP rifle. He wants to do CQB with a suppressor. While his 16" is usable indoors, mounting a can to it will make it sub-optimal. Going with a 10.5 with buffer and springs optimized for suppressed use would give him greater capability in his operating environment.

Dude3 owns a 6920, but wants to reduce recoil, improve function, and add range. Going with a 16" middie with a better barrel will get him where he wants to go.

Capability Redundancy/Cross Over:
What rifles serve essentially the same purpose and/or are similarly setup?

If you were at a carbine course and your pride and joy suffered a mechannical failure, could you reach into your rifle case and bring out a weapon that for all practical purposes feels and works exactly the same, or would you wind up trying to use a 20" Colt HBAR with a leather sling, A2 stock, and iron sights?

abanks8245
09-13-10, 21:14
except optics , acog and aimpoint , from what i hear noveske makes a very accurate rifle, and BCM midlength is very soft shooting recoil in a 5.56 never fazed me so kinda of a wash there and as well to add variety