PDA

View Full Version : What to look for on my DD M4

jc75754
09-14-10, 07:22
Ok, I finally decided on my new M4 and ordered a DD M4 v1. Now what do I need to inspect to make sure that the rifle is free of defects before I leave the gunstore? I also want to say thanks for the "chart." Otherwiese I would have bought a DPMS or Oly rifle again.

xbmxracerx
09-14-10, 16:15
If it is coming directly from DD, it should be good to go. See if your FFL will not open or register it until you get there. You can be the one to open the box and do the inspection first.

Mine did and I was quite pleased.

Sealed in a plastic bag within the case. Check stock, bolt release and catch and charging handle for smooth operation. Install the forward grip and you should be good to go.

Ok, I finally decided on my new M4 and ordered a DD M4 v1. Now what do I need to inspect to make sure that the rifle is free of defects before I leave the gunstore? I also want to say thanks for the "chart." Otherwiese I would have bought a DPMS or Oly rifle again.

09-14-10, 16:44
Should be GTG right out of the box. Most here don't worry about scratches and blems, so function is what is important. Check the staking, run the charging handle, dry fire. You bought a quality product. Shoot the sh** out of it and let us know how it performs.:cool:

Jellybean
09-14-10, 17:16
What everyone else said-
Bolt catch/release,CH, safety, trigger reset, staking, etc.

I'm also a big fan of shaking things- generally it seems if you give a product a good shake, and nothing rattles, wiggles, or flies off you're GTG.:dance3:

Also, I may be taking this a bit to the extreme, but when I get my hands on my DD, before I leave the shop I'm going to take it completely apart, visually inspect the internal sufaces and BCG, and then manually slide the whole assembly back and forth a couple times to check it for proper function. Probably give the rail a firm wiggle to make sure it's not loose.

Blankwaffe
09-14-10, 21:18
Yeap.Remove from box and eye ball for shipping damage etc..That plastic case is not gorilla proof and has passed though several shipping hubs on the way to the shop.
Then take home,disassemble and clean the red sticky preservative that is on the parts,punch the bore,inspect and lube generously.Function check and shoot.If the rifle runs 100%,shoot some more.Then repeat the PM as you desire....shoot somemore.Thats what we have done and no complaints.
In my experience I would not be expecting any issues with the DD and I don't know why anyone would.Excellent quality weapon.
By the way,the XVM4's we have LOVE the 77gr.OTM's.

jc75754
09-15-10, 09:20
Thats pretty much what I figured. Thanks! By the way M4 carbine.net kool aid is some good stuff.

500grains
09-15-10, 10:18
DD = lube and shoot

Moose-Knuckle
09-15-10, 15:13
Congrats, you are more than likely GTG as I have never heard of any problems out of any DD products.

Take her home, clean and then relube, then take her to the range and get to know her. :D

The FFL will more than likely take your rifle out of the box to conduct an inventory (match up the serial number) this a SOP of dealers to insure they got what they ordered.

jc75754
09-16-10, 07:17
I Just got it yesterday (sorry I put v1 it is the v3). I am in love all over again. It is amazing. I took it apart and cleaned it and relubed it. I shoot it today and I am pretty sure that it will not dissapoint. I finally have a top teir rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:neo:

Dobie
09-16-10, 08:39
I Just got it yesterday (sorry I put v1 it is the v3). I am in love all over again. It is amazing. I took it apart and cleaned it and relubed it. I shoot it today and I am pretty sure that it will not dissapoint. I finally have a top teir rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:neo:

Sweet
I picked up a DDV3 a couple weeks ago and its a quality piece.

xbmxracerx
09-16-10, 16:12
:D Love mine.....This just came today:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/emufreak1/IMG01267-20100916-1459.jpg

Sweet
I picked up a DDV3 a couple weeks ago and its a quality piece.