PDA

View Full Version : G22 22 round Glock factory mags

Roy
09-14-10, 15:06
Bought some mags from LWD. they claim to be Glock OEM and upon inspection look identical to my 15 rounders.. just streched. was planning on running them as back up mags at work, took them to the range today in my gen 3 22 had 4 failure to feed in 50 rds with light, and 2 in the same 50 with no light.. Switched over to standard 15 rounders and put the light back on for 75 trouble free rounds..

Looks like these will be chucked into the parts box in the basement as novelity..

Any one else tried them?

deuce9166
09-14-10, 15:29
Sorry to hear that I just got 4 of them and haven't gotten to shoot them yet.

D. Christopher
09-14-10, 17:38
Maybe they are Glock OEM but Glock doesn't make 22 round magazines so who did the design and engineering changes? Not Glock. Have you opened them up and compared the type and quality of the springs and followers to real Glock mags? Do these mags have metal tubes encased in polymer?

For me personally, real Glock magazines are very affordable and everything else is just for practicing malfunction drills. I avoid them like the plague. Good luck and stay safe.

Roy
09-14-10, 18:54
D. I have not torn them apart yet.. I will here shortly and advise. They will just be for range play and Photo ops now.. ill stick to my 15's

SmokeJumper
09-14-10, 22:42
I bought 3 and ran them through my G23 with light and no light. They are factory Glock 22rnd. .40 cal mags with the new Glock #9 follower. I ran about 200 raounds, give or take a few through them with no problems. they were recommend by a Glock armorer/LEO buddy from another agency and some of their guys have run them through their new Gen 4 G22's with lights with no probs., but were talking a very small number of guys that purchased/shot them.

D. Christopher
09-15-10, 00:11
Maybe I missed something, did Glock start making 22 round mags for the Gen 4 pistols? Do these mags have the dual cuts for use with the ambi mag release? If they really are Glock magazines that's worth looking into and giving them some serious T&E time. If it's from somebody else that claims to be or really is a Glock OEM, I would still be concerned about whose design it is. I personally haven't owned or encountered an unreliable Glock that wasn't traced back to a magazine problem. Even if it is a true Glock magazine, I want a design that has had millions of rounds run through it before I even begin to think about trusting my life to it. Be safe.

ST911
09-15-10, 22:02
OEM 22rd magazines are available from various sources. They are a lengthened G22/15rd mag body with longer spring, but otherwise similar to their smaller counterparts. They are showing up on ranges, and thus far appear to be running well.

dc202
09-15-10, 22:58
The one I have is very much Glock OEM and works great.
They are fairly new to the market, AFAIK.

deuce9166
09-16-10, 08:27
I got to run mine at training a little yesterday. They are Glock factory and have the cuts for the Gen 4 mag release.

I had no issues with them with G35/SF x200. G35 has not been cleaned in 2100 rounds and ran fine. Ammo was 165 gr. Winchester white box.

beltjones
09-16-10, 08:49
Anyone have a link to these?

Ak44
09-16-10, 08:56
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=111532&CAT=135

St. James
09-16-10, 16:24
Glockmeister has had them for months now. I'm up to three, they run fine in my Gen4 G-22, and regular 23.

As it's not quite as long as the 33 round 9mm mag, they can actually be carried as a reload concealed not too much worse than a regular G22 mag :)

bluepythons
09-17-10, 14:07
They are in fact, Factory Glock OEM mags. I just received some for testing from our department's Glock LE rep. So far, and our testing has been limited, currently less than 500 rounds, we have not seen any issues. They feed fine and lock back the slide fine when empty. We are still evaluating them and wil determine what use, if any, they have for us in our department (go bags, entries, warrants, etc.). I think they will sell for around $40 so they are a little more expensive than standard mags.