PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCING LARRY VICKERS REGIONAL ENDORSED INSTRUCTORS & THE VICKERS SHOOTING METHOD

Larry Vickers
09-15-10, 15:42
I get requests on a weekly basis from new shooters that want to attend basic level pistol or carbine classes taught by me. Unfortunately due to my busy schedule including TV filming as well as teaching various classes locally and around the USA I rarely teach basic classes regardless of the location. This has created a dilemma as many of these potential students would love to attend my level 1 classes as well other specialty classes I offer but they have no means to do so. Until now.

After careful consideration I have decided to allow select prior students of mine to teach basic level pistol and carbine classes under the Vickers Shooting Method (VSM) banner. These students have demonstrated a firm grasp of the key marksmanship fundamentals and in fact all of them have attended multiple Vickers Tactical classes taught by me. Many of them are teaching classes already on a local level but this new program is designed to get them exposure from my website and direct new or basic level shooters to them in order to get these students up to speed and ready to take a level 1 class from me. Initially only a handful of regionally endorsed instructors will be authorized to use the VSM logo in their basic classes but I expect the program to grow as time goes on and more qualified candidates become available. All of these individuals will adhere to the 3 basic
principles that guide my unique marksmanship style;

Rule one; Know and adhere to the real world safety rules that govern professional firearms handling.

Rule two; Only accurate hits on target can decide the fight in your favor – therefore accuracy is King.

Rule three; You are accountable for every round you fire – squeeze the trigger as if your life depends on
it because it does.

New shooters attending basic level classes with any of the regional instructors will come away with a firm grasp of these Vickers Shooting Method principles and be on track to apply them in the real world. This will set them up for success and be ready to take it to the next level when they attend a class taught by me.

To answer a variety of questions relating to this new program I have come up with a F.A.Q. list below;

1) What classes do the regional instructors teach? Most of them teach a variety of classes but the only classes that have the Vickers Shooting Method approval (VSM) are basic level pistol and basic level carbine. This means these classes will be taught using my unique guidelines and will prepare students for level 1 classes taught by me. Also if certificates are issued the VSM logo is
authorized for use on the certificate.

2) Is a student required to attend a basic class before attending a level one class? Not necessarily. I currently allow students who have attended formal training from another source such as a Police academy or Military basic training to bypass the basic classes and come to a level 1 class.

In addition students who have attended training by other recognized instructors can qualify for level 1 training. Essentially this part of class pre reqs remains unchanged. The VSM regional endorsed instructor program is designed specifically for those shooters who have no formal training and want to learn the combat marksmanship fundamentals correctly, the first time. This is a perfect setup for a new CCW permit holder for instance. The Vickers Shooting Method has been proven successful at the highest level and is simple and easy to understand. The regional instructors can guide a new shooter thru the basics and get them on the right track, regardless if they decide to attend future training taught by me or not.

3) Are the Regionally endorsed instructors Vickers Tactical employees? No they are not. Vickers Tactical Inc. represents me and my products and classes – If a class has the Vickers Tactical name attached to it then that class is being taught by me- period. Only on select occasions will I have an assistant instructor helping and that will be primarily for safety reasons – all the instruction will be done by me. The Vickers Shooting Method name was put into use to identify the course as being designed and approved by me but not actually taught by me. It is also the students guarantee the course is being taught using my 3 unique marksmanship fundamentals.

4) What are the prices of the classes taught by the regionally endorsed instructors? Contact the instructor nearest to you regarding course structure and price but every effort has been made to keep the class price reasonable and consistant across the country.

5) How do I find out about classes in my area? Use the contact info for the regional instructor closest to you via this webpage to find out his schedule. In addition a special VSM regional endorsed instructor sub forum will go live shortly on M4carbine.net.

6) Will you ever teach any more basic classes? Only occasionally at ranges very close to my home near Ft Bragg, NC. My prices however will be at my normal class rates not at the reduced prices of the regional instructors. My intent is to fully support the regional instructors and the VSM program as this means I will have better and more competent students in my level 1 classes.

Expect the regional instructors to be competent shooters and conduct themselves in a professional manner. My guess is you will be very pleased with the training you receive. If you have any questions or comments, good or bad, please contact me direct via the contact info on VickersTactical.com.

Always remember this program is designed for you, the shooter, and to provide you more opportunities to learn what I feel is the best way to master your fighting firearm. This approach has worked well for countless civilians, law enforcement and military personnel around the globe. And it now has a name – the Vickers Shooting Method.
Regional Endorsed Instructors

Chris Clifton
Info@defensiveconceptsnc.com
Based in North Carolina
Serving all 50 states
(704) 269-8369
www.defensiveconceptsnc.com

Jay Cunningham
info@lowspeed-highdrag.com
Based in Shippingport, PA
Serving PA, WV, Ohio and also Southern states in winter
Low Speed High Drag, LLC
www.lowspeed-highdrag.com
(412) 327-6383

Wayne Dobbs
wayne.dobbs@yahoo.com
Based in Allen, TX
Serving TX, OK, AR and LA
(214) 316-8098

Grant Timberlake
Sales@GRTactical.com
Based in Mineral City, OH
Serving all 50 states
G&R Tactical
(330) 343-2800
www.GRTactical.com

Joe Riedy
jeriedy@ptd.net
Based in Eastern Pennsylvania
(610) 730-1974

CJ Lapre
cjlapre@gmail.com
Based in Arizona City, AZ
Serving West and North West US
(602) 441-6278

Matt Schultz
matts.schupbachs@yahoo.com
Based in Michigan
Serving Michigan

Irish
09-15-10, 16:29
This is great news for the shooting community as a whole. The more qualified instructors who've been certified by top tier instructors to teach their methods the better. Thanks LAV!

mike_556
09-15-10, 19:01
Awesome!! Some familiar names there;)

UDT
09-15-10, 20:28
Thanks, for the info, sounds interesting.

Steve
09-15-10, 20:49
some great guys on that list...........

Robb Jensen
09-15-10, 21:26
Way cool LAV!

m4fun
09-15-10, 21:33
Yea, but do they offer the same sense of humor - :)

Very cool - nice to see positive endorsements of folks who will not be pushing crap!

30 cal slut
09-16-10, 06:42
some great guys on that list...........

Fer sure!

rob_s
09-16-10, 06:45
Are these pistol only, or carbine and pistol? Is there a specific course outline? In other words, if one were to take a VSM class from one instructor in TX and another in OH, would it essentially cover the same material and topics and vary only by nuances of the instructors?

13F3OL7
09-16-10, 07:33
May have to move out of Alaska at some point. Not too many training opportunities outside of, "rotate your selector from safe to semi and watch your lane." It's very cool that this is being done. It just sucks that currently there is no one within a feasible travel distance for me.

Mark71
09-16-10, 07:56
This is great news. I am looking forward to the training opportunity's.

SHIVAN
09-16-10, 08:39
Yea, but do they offer the same sense of humor - :)

Of the guys I know on that list, if you want the humor, train with Chris Clifton. He can bring his A-game in the humor department, for sure.

Grant and Jay are rather serious ****ers, most days. :jester:

C4IGrant
09-16-10, 08:53
Are these pistol only, or carbine and pistol? Is there a specific course outline? In other words, if one were to take a VSM class from one instructor in TX and another in OH, would it essentially cover the same material and topics and vary only by nuances of the instructors?

I think all the instructors will be focusing on Vickers Core Elements. So the student will come away with a firm grasp of the fundamentals no matter who they train with.

Each course will be slightly different from one instructor to another as we are all different.

C4

C4IGrant
09-16-10, 08:55
May have to move out of Alaska at some point. Not too many training opportunities outside of, "rotate your selector from safe to semi and watch your lane." It's very cool that this is being done. It just sucks that currently there is no one within a feasible travel distance for me.

Several of the instructor (including me) might be interested in coming to your great State. I would love to see Alaska and could be talked into doing a class I think. ;)

C4

FoxBravo
09-16-10, 09:35
Larry,
great idea. I´m really not surprised to see Wayne´s name on the instructors list.

CaptainDooley
09-16-10, 09:40
This is great news. I never really knew who to look at here in DFW, and my wife won't travel to take a class, so this takes that out of play.

Alric
09-16-10, 09:58
Good to hear. Also glad to see DFW on the list.

13F3OL7
09-16-10, 09:59
Several of the instructor (including me) might be interested in coming to your great State. I would love to see Alaska and could be talked into doing a class I think. ;)

C4

That would be awesome, but the time for wearing a sock on your junk so it doesn't get frostbite is coming quick, and I leave for deployment number 4 next year. One of the guys I shoot USPSA with has a range that would be great for hosting the class. He recently had Benny Coolie and Mike Seeklander up here for a couple of classes, he also puts on steel matches from April through October. But, like I mentioned, I have an impending deployment to deal with before it would be feasible for me to attend anything.

Joe R.
09-16-10, 10:54

Yes, both pistol and carbine classes will be available (or a combination if that's what the students want). As Grant stated the core elements will be covered by any of the VSM Instructors.

afff_667
09-16-10, 11:01
I am also very happy to see DFW on the list. This should open up a world of opportunities for me and my new BCM (thanks, Grant!). I'm looking forward to seeing some kind of schedule.

ST911
09-16-10, 13:18

I think all the instructors will be focusing on Vickers Core Elements. So the student will come away with a firm grasp of the fundamentals no matter who they train with.

Each course will be slightly different from one instructor to another as we are all different.

C4

Is there a standardized core curriculum that you're sourcing from, available for review prior to attending or hosting an instructor?

CQC.45
09-16-10, 13:20
VERY excited for this.

supersix4
09-16-10, 13:22

C4

Come on up :D

C4IGrant
09-16-10, 14:30
Is there a standardized core curriculum that you're sourcing from, available for review prior to attending or hosting an instructor?

Yes.

C4

mike_556
09-16-10, 14:50
Of the guys I know on that list, if you want the humor, train with Chris Clifton. He can bring his A-game in the humor department, for sure.

Grant and Jay are rather serious ****ers, most days. :jester:

He IS pretty funny:D

Jay Cunningham
09-16-10, 14:54
I am very honored to be one of the seven current VSM Regional Endorsed Instructors - thanks LAV for the opportunity, I will continually work to teach up to your high standards.

If anyone is interested in hosting a class in WV or the western half of PA don't hesitate to contact me.

I plan on making myself available for classes in most Southern states during the winter months.

:happy:

Wayne Dobbs
09-16-10, 15:51
Let me jump in here and say that I'm both proud to be selected and also extremely humbled to be in the company of these other guys! Larry has set a standard of achievement and performance that we'll adhere to in our efforts as we go forward with this.

We're going to a) train safely, b) work hard and c) have a blast with this!

MattS
09-16-10, 16:40
I'm also humbled to be one of the selected VSM Instructors. We'll have a lot more squared away and proficient shooters across the nation coming from this program.

John_Wayne777
09-16-10, 17:35
Having taken a number of courses from Mr. Vickers over the last 3 or so years, I've seen firsthand the impact his system has on the skill level of his students. I've used many of the principles I learned in his classes to teach new and inexperienced shooters with great effect.

I'm sure this program will do very well.

C4IGrant
09-17-10, 11:43
I'm also humbled to be one of the selected VSM Instructors. We'll have a lot more squared away and proficient shooters across the nation coming from this program.

Agree.

C4

JAYTEAM
09-20-10, 13:39
I attended one of Grant's carbine/pistol classes a couple of years ago. It was very well thought out and professional. I highly recommend him as trainer if the opportunity presents itself to someone.

Of course I'm sure all of that goes without saying sense LAV endorsed him. :lol:

Blinking Dog
09-21-10, 18:16
Let me jump in here and say that I'm both proud to be selected and also extremely humbled to be in the company of these other guys! Larry has set a standard of achievement and performance that we'll adhere to in our efforts as we go forward with this.

We're going to a) train safely, b) work hard and c) have a blast with this!

No surprise here. I was in a LAV class a couple years ago that Wayne attended. Wayne is a class act, and a fantastic pistol shooter. I look forward to attending a class, and will recommend him to my fellow Texas shooters.

Rmplstlskn
09-21-10, 19:48
No Virginia instructors.... bummer.

Rmpl

Jay Cunningham
09-21-10, 19:49

Rmpl

Willing to travel to Southern states in the winter months...

John_Wayne777
09-21-10, 22:28

Rmpl

I'm sure that with the size of the Virginia contingent that sooner or later some folks from our great commonwealth will end up as part of the program.

C4IGrant
09-22-10, 10:23

Rmpl

As Jay mentioned, VA is a go for us (for winter months and because we have a lot of friends down there).

C4