PDA

View Full Version : Church Shooting Competition Suggestions

3CTactical
09-15-10, 18:14
Not sure if this is the right place for this, so if it isn't feel free to move it.

I am helping to put together a simple shooting competition for our church and the typical shooter that would attend would maybe have been shooting for many years or might be new to shooting within the last year. I doubt any of the shooters have any kind of training, so I am looking to keep this really simple and low speed.

What I was thinking thus far is to do a handgun category where the shooter would shoot at a bullseye target at a distance of 5 or 10 yards with 5 to 10 shots with the highest score as the winner. In addition to this, I've also considered putting a time factor into the mix so that both accuracy and speed are accounted for. The same basic system would be used at 50 yards for open-sighted rifles\carbines and again at 100 yards for scoped rifles\carbines.

My question to you all is does anybody have any additional ideas or suggestions? I want to make this a fun, safe event for all who come out. We will be giving out prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each category and we expect about 10-20 shooters.

Thanks in advance!