PDA

View Full Version : ACU Style Uniforms

NinjaMedic
09-16-10, 20:36
Im sure with all of the Tactical/SWAT/LE/K9/USAR etc guys in here I will be able to find a good answer to this. My department wears Navy Blue BDU's for training, specialty team response, and USAR/disaster operations. Most everyone else in the world has gotten with the times and moved to an ACU cut field uniform or combat shirt and I am looking for solutions to do the same. Not a big fan of Propper, and Crye doesnt produce anything in Navy Blue which of course due to bureaucracy we are stuck with. Does anyone have any thoughts on TRU-SPEC's ACU or combat shirt style blouses and pants as far as durability and comfort.

We often are in them for at least 24-36 hours and sometimes longer and often will wear them under wear knee pads, vests, harnesses, chest harnesses, PFD's etc.

Are there any other vendors you would recommend?

variablebinary
09-16-10, 21:05
I know a couple of peeps that have been using Tru-Spec Multicam ACU type uniforms and both have held up well to the best of my knowledge

Chameleox
09-16-10, 21:41
Our team uniform's been the tru-spec ACU in multicam for a little over a year now.

Not sure if I got a bad batch or what, but my pants have not been holding up well. Its primarily the velcro stitching on the cargo pockets, but I'm not happy about it. I don't put a whole lot of stuff in my cargo pockets, but its still annoying. I've relegated the Truspec pants to training, and packed a pair of the SKD seconds* for operations.

*SKD only had a very limited batch of these. If SKD is reading this, MAKE MORE OF THESE.

Frens
09-17-10, 02:26
I dont know why you're not a fan of Propper but remember that they're USGI ;)

as far as TruSpec...they make 50/50 nyco BDU in Vegetato camo for Italian mountain troops and other units and they seem to hold up just fine

R Moran
09-17-10, 07:24
I wear Tru-sped acu's at work, and they have held up well. I also have a set of TRU's in multi-cam, that I rarely wear, but they seem to be well thought out, with some nice touches.
I think the TRU's are available in navy.

Bob

skd_tactical
09-17-10, 09:26
Our team uniform's been the tru-spec ACU in multicam for a little over a year now.

Not sure if I got a bad batch or what, but my pants have not been holding up well. Its primarily the velcro stitching on the cargo pockets, but I'm not happy about it. I don't put a whole lot of stuff in my cargo pockets, but its still annoying. I've relegated the Truspec pants to training, and packed a pair of the SKD seconds* for operations.

*SKD only had a very limited batch of these. If SKD is reading this, MAKE MORE OF THESE.

Oh I'm listening...... ;)

SOS