PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Handgun/ Vickers Shooting Method, 16 Oct 2010 Carthage NC

NCPatrolAR
09-16-10, 23:46
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/DefConNC/VSM/VSM.jpg

Defensive Concepts North Carolina will be teaching our 1 day VSM/Defensive Handgun course on 16 October 2010 in Carthage, NC. If anyone is interested or has questions; feel free to contact me through site PM or email me at chris@defensiveconceptsnc.com .
Here is a brief run down on the courses:

The Defensive Handgun course is taught using the Vickers Shooting Method and will expose students to proper handgun manipulations, marksmanship fundamentals and tactics using minimal classroom time and extensive live fire exercises. This course will provide concerned citizens with the skills and tactics necessary to gain a significant advantage over aggressive attackers during life-threatening encounters. The following principles will be strongly reinforced throughout the course:

Know and adhere to the real world safety rules that govern professional firearms handling.
Only accurate hits on target can decide the fight in your favor – therefore accuracy is King.
You are accountable for every round you fire – squeeze the trigger as if your life depends on it because it does.

The course tuition is $175 which includes a range fee for use of the facility we will be shooting at. You can register online for the course here. (http://defensiveconceptsnc.com/schedule.html) When you complete the online enrollment, you will be given the option of paying for the course online. If you dont wish to do this; we accept payment via check and postal money order. The mailing address for these payments will be sent out when your registration is completed.

Students will need:

1 Handgun with a Minimum of 3 Magazines or Speedloaders (Single stack pistols need a minimum of 5 magazines)
Strong Side Belt or Thigh Holster(No Cross-Draw or Shoulder Holsters)
A Sturdy Gunbelt and Spare Magazine Pouch/Carrier
500 Rounds of Factory Ammunition
Pen/Pencil and Paper
Ear and Eye Protection
Hand cleaner might be a good thing too

For those needing a hotel in the area of the courses; we have a special discounted rate established with a local hotel for our students.

Completion of this course will enable students to take the Level 1 Pistol course offered by Vickers Tactical with no further training requirement. Course completion also qualifies students to take part in any intermediate handgun courses or proficiency modules offered by Defensive Concepts.

NCPatrolAR
09-17-10, 00:00
For those interested; on 17 October we will be offering our Defensive Handgun - Shooting on the Move proficiency module in Carthage, NC. If anyone is interested or has questions; feel free to contact me through site PM or email me at chris@defensiveconceptsnc.com .

Defensive handgun – Shooting on the Move (SOTM)

The Shooting on the Move course focuses on increasing the student's ability to effectively use a handgun during defensive situations while moving. Material to be covered includes: forward/rearward/lateral movement, clearing malfunctions on the move, use of cover, weapon transitions, and multiple target engagement.

Course tuition is $175 which includes a range fee for the site we will be using. If you enroll in this course and the 16 October Defensive Handgun course, you will receive a $25 discount. You can enroll in this course here. (http://defensiveconceptsnc.com/schedule.html)

Students will need:

1 Handgun with a Minimum of 3 Magazines or Speedloaders (Single stack pistols need a minimum of 5 magazines)
Strong Side Belt or Thigh Holster(No Cross-Draw or Shoulder Holsters)
A Sturdy Gunbelt and Spare Magazine Pouch/Carrier
500 Rounds of Factory Ammunition
Pen/Pencil and Paper
Ear and Eye Protection

The detailed list of items needed can be found on our site.

This is a NON Vickers Shooting Method course and is not endorsed by Larry Vickers or Vickers Tactical.