PDA

View Full Version : dsa zm4 upper.......good/bad?

kiki
09-17-10, 06:24
has anyone here bought a dsa zm4 223 upper? and are they any good?......I see them selling for $275......upper only, no bcg.

MTechnik
09-17-10, 06:46
I have one, got it before the BCM summer sale started.

The nitride treatment on the barrel is nice.

The barrel is unfortunately a heavy barrel before it was fluted, and it is still pretty heavy.

The m4 feed ramps on mine were just just fine, lined up right in the upper, and appeared to be annodized, meaning the cuts were in before the were anno'd, not cut by a dremel afterwards. I had no problem zeroing the front sight base (not sure if they switched to F-marked), and they started using the Cav Arms handguards so they don't rattle like crazy.

The barrel isn't MP inspected. That and the barrel weight are my 2 issues with it. And I think because of the existing flutes, that it'd get more difficult for ADCO to turn it down to a thinner profile. But I haven't called them to ask.

Mine runs fine with a Bravo Co. Semi-Auto carrier, and eats Brown Bear ammo all day long.

dwhitehorne
09-17-10, 10:37
I have one also. Mine is a government profile barrel. I also have the nitrided version. Main reason I got it was to try out the coated barrel. I had a spare BCG and a matech, so it was a deal for me. I'm very pleased with mine. It is a typical 1/9 twist, 4140 barrel with a nitride coating if that suits your needs. David

MTechnik
09-17-10, 17:22
Ah, yes, I forgot the 1:9 part... I need to try my 75gr. prvi and see if it keyholes.

Frntsyt
09-17-10, 19:31
I have one and it has run great. Bought it just to throw some spare unknown parts on for a beater gun and it has given me no problems.