PDA

View Full Version : War on poverty (welfare)

500grains
09-17-10, 09:30
In 1965 LBJ began his legislative initiate called the "War on Poverty." Prior to the War on Poverty, the poverty rate in the USA was 14%. As of today, we have spent $6.1 trillion on the War on Poverty programs (welfare, medicaid, section 8 housing, school lunch programs for the poor, HEAT assistance, etc.). As a result, the poverty rate in the USA is....
14%.

The fact is that War on Poverty programs, i.e. welfare programs, encourage dependence on government handouts, and guarantee us generation after generation of underclass persons who live solely on government handouts.

bullseye
09-17-10, 10:04
and in other news, fall is approaching and the trees will drop their leaves,,,,,,,i'm just spoofing you, 500,, i'm disgusted as well.

Moose-Knuckle
09-17-10, 17:14
But this is progress, you know Hope and Change and all. . . :rolleyes:

120mm
09-17-10, 22:09
I think the "War on Poverty" should be renamed for accuracy to "War to get overpaid government jobs for my political ass-buddies".

The only people who really benefit from the welfare state are the government workers.

ralph
09-17-10, 22:17
As a kid, I remember LBJ and his "Great Society"..I can remember when welfare got started, and LBJ himself handed the first check out, I believe to a man in Tenn. The picture of the event was front page news on all the papers....30yrs or so later, that man died..still on welfare...

HES
09-17-10, 22:20
I firmly believe that "The Great Society" did more to hurt the poor, but especially blacks, then just about anything. Look at the rates of unwed mother births and crime among the population alone.

Avenger29
09-17-10, 23:49
I firmly believe that "The Great Society" did more to hurt the poor, but especially blacks, then just about anything. Look at the rates of unwed mother births and crime among the population alone.

The damndest thing is that they are proud of living their entire lives on welfare, proud that they've never been a contributing force in society.

Belmont31R
09-18-10, 00:46
The progressive machine is designed to coach, and get people into a state they become accustomed to the government putting food on their table, and unable to do anything for themselves the rest of their lives.

Its all about power. If you put someones food on their table you have power over them.

Helping the poor is certainly a noble cause but thats not what modern welfare is about. The dems/progressives need legions of people dependent on them to stay in power, and enough "bleeding heart" people who have bought into it.

BrianS
09-18-10, 03:15
The fact is that War on Poverty programs, i.e. welfare programs, encourage dependence on government handouts, and guarantee us generation after generation of underclass persons who live solely on government handouts.

The Democrats knew that when they instituted the programs. All part of the plan to recover their freed slaves.

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Sams-Plantation-Government-Enslaves/dp/0785262199

1911pro
09-18-10, 08:40
Ever stop to think how many years of your life you have lost just working to pay taxes? How many years went to pay for some loser with ten kids to pull out a WIC card to pay for a cart load of needless fattening crap at the first of the month? How many years could you have spent home with your family and friends if you did not have to work overtime to pay for someone else to sit on their a$$? Our lives, the most precious thing we will ever have is being robbed from us by people who think we owe it to them. Makes me sick.

ForTehNguyen
09-18-10, 08:49
the minimum wage is hurting the low skilled also, pricing them out of the market basically

chadbag
09-18-10, 11:00
Ever stop to think how many years of your life you have lost just working to pay taxes? How many years went to pay for some loser with ten kids to pull out a WIC card to pay for a cart load of needless fattening crap at the first of the month? How many years could you have spent home with your family and friends if you did not have to work overtime to pay for someone else to sit on their a$$? Our lives, the most precious thing we will ever have is being robbed from us by people who think we owe it to them. Makes me sick.

Or that your parents did not have to work both parents in the workforce to afford the same sort of stuff it now takes 2 people working to afford? The extra person working is paying the taxes.

CarlosDJackal
09-18-10, 11:07
This just goes to show that if you provide a starving man with all the fish he can eat and he'll never have the motivation to learn how to go fishing. :help:

Moose-Knuckle
09-18-10, 16:59
Social engineering at it's finest. It's just one of many plans implemented to bring about the American Decline. Dumbing down of our education system, open borders, deindustrialization, printing more and more paper "money", and the list goes on and on. . .

Avenger29
09-18-10, 17:49

Oh, I think about it every damn day, ESPECIALLY when I see the welfare 'ho pull out her WIC and EBT cards at the store to buy a shopping cart FULL of brand-name goods and she only pays $12 out of her pocket for the beer.

The hate keeps me warm in the winter...

Caeser25
09-19-10, 09:59
The progressive machine is designed to coach, and get people into a state they become accustomed to the government putting food on their table, and unable to do anything for themselves the rest of their lives.

Its all about power. If you put someones food on their table you have power over them.

Helping the poor is certainly a noble cause but thats not what modern welfare is about. The dems/progressives need legions of people dependent on them to stay in power, and enough "bleeding heart" people who have bought into it.

My stepsister is one of those bleeding heart liberals and a social worker with a masters degree. Last weekend at my dad's bday cookout, she was going on and on about Obama and his plan to eliminate student loans after 10 years. She wants to get her doctorate and pay the minimum so that it can be eliminated. My stepbro said well, who's gonna pay for that. Deer in headlights look, and dumbfounded like the detroit welfare recipient, "I don't know", bull****ing shit, you know damn well my ****ing tax dollars would :mad::mad:

The Democrats knew that when they instituted the programs. All part of the plan to recover their freed slaves.

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Sams-Plantation-Government-Enslaves/dp/0785262199

As much complaining there is about slavery, you'd think that one would be able to recognize that welfare is slavery to the government:suicide:

Oh, I think about it every damn day, ESPECIALLY when I see the welfare 'ho pull out her WIC and EBT cards at the store to buy a shopping cart FULL of brand-name goods and she only pays $12 out of her pocket for the beer.

The hate keeps me warm in the winter...

I used to be a cashier at a supermarket in the ghetto in high school. It made sick to see TWO shopping carts full of food, good, expensive food, things you and I would see as a once a week or month, meal. Steaks, ribs, etc.