PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

xbmxracerx
09-17-10, 20:29
Got my ACOG just in time for my trip!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/emufreak1/IMG01267-20100916-1459.jpg

Packed and ready for our flight on Monday.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/emufreak1/IMG01283-20100917-1423.jpg

:ph34r:

lawusmc0844
09-17-10, 20:31
Nice! I've always wanted my own RCO but been scared off by the price. How much was yours?

JmacAr
09-17-10, 20:35
Very nice. You'll enjoy that.

xbmxracerx
09-17-10, 20:37
$1200.....:ph34r:

Nice! I've always wanted my own RCO but been scared off by the price. How much was yours?

xbmxracerx
09-17-10, 20:42
I know that I will. Been playin' all day today. If my neighbor's didn't know me really well, the Police definately would have been called :)
I was outside testing the fiber optics all day. That Chevron reticle is bright!

Very nice. You'll enjoy that.

lawusmc0844
09-17-10, 20:42
Good price, normally see them close to MSRP...

If you feel the chevron is too bright, you can take a strip of electrical or duct tape and cover up part of the fiber optic to allow less light in. This is normally done on military rifles but I personally never had an issue with it.

JmacAr
09-17-10, 20:44
I know that I will. Been playin' all day today. If my neighbor's didn't know me really well, the Police definately would have been called :)
I was outside testing the fiber optics all day. That Chevron reticle is bright!

Haha hopefully it was off the gun...:ph34r:

xbmxracerx
09-17-10, 20:53
Yeah, I know the tape trick but was just using my hand to cover the tube. I help him (the dealer) build at his shop so he gave me a good price. Glock coming when I get back.

Good price, normally see them close to MSRP...

If you feel the chevron is too bright, you can take a strip of electrical or duct tape and cover up part of the fiber optic to allow less light in. This is normally done on military rifles but I personally never had an issue with it.

xbmxracerx
09-17-10, 20:54
Uh, No! That's why I said I had cool neighbor's.....HA!

Haha hopefully it was off the gun...:ph34r:

lawusmc0844
09-17-10, 20:58
Cool!

I may get a new Glock myself down the road, I really liked my friend's new Gen 4 19.

xbmxracerx
09-17-10, 21:03
He has a Gen 4 G17 9mm but the rep stopped in while I was there waiting on the ACOG and had the G22 .40....it was sweet!

Cool!

I may get a new Glock myself down the road, I really liked my friend's new Gen 4 19.

kaltesherz
09-17-10, 22:03
I love ACOGs, if I did more long distance shooting I'd make it a priority to pick one up. They're insanely durable, user-friendly, and effective... too bad they're so friggin' expensive!!! In the military we used the cheveron version, I'd like to check out the doughnut reticle sometime and see if it's better or worse. One day I'll get a deal on one... one day...

The only real upgrade I could see for your ACOG is a LaRue QD mount, the factory one is a little lacking.

Congrats!

xbmxracerx
09-17-10, 22:33
Thanks! I was actually looking into the A.R.M.S. #19 LD mount. The Larue as well. I just like the low profile of the #19.

The only real upgrade I could see for your ACOG is a LaRue QD mount, the factory one is a little lacking.

Congrats!

Whootsinator
09-17-10, 23:15
I doubt you'll find many people that recommend ARMS here.

xbmxracerx
09-17-10, 23:16
Not to have a slam thread started but do you want to PM me and provide insight please?

I doubt you'll find many people that recommend ARMS here.

xbmxracerx
09-18-10, 23:49
Noticed something going on with the reticle after my initial post. The bottom right side of the reticle is not illuminating. No obstruction on the FO tube. Dealer had another one overnighted which came tonight and they sent the wrong one......UGGGHHHHH!

The one that I had (ordered) was the M4CP and they sent the A4CP which is for a 20 in barrel. My dealer said that he would rectify and have the correct one sent to my destination in Michigan.

All I want to do is shoot and things keep happening. I should have the new one to my hotel on Tuesday. Other than 1 being for the 14.5 barrel and 1 for the 20, can anyone provide any insight as to the true differences?

ztf HITMAN
09-20-10, 21:32
Glock coming when I get back.

NO WAY MAN!!!! Try M&P before you decide on a Glock!

arizonaranchman
09-22-10, 11:25
Nice! An ACOG is on my long-term "OMG I want one bad!" list, but wow are they expensive. I'll figure out how to scrounge up the $$$ eventually for my 16" Middy, but it won't be anytime real soon.

Hope you enjoy it!

JSantoro
09-22-10, 11:52
Not to have a slam thread started but do you want to PM me and provide insight please?

It's not a slam. It's fact.

The mounting clamps that interface to your rail can vary pretty widely from one to another, to the point that you have to shim your rail with tinfoil or the like, or that it's so tight that you break the throw-arm (which is a MIM part; 6 metric tons of suck in a small package) trying to get the thing to close. Add to that that you hve no way of adjusting this to fit rail variations or wear to same. Booo.

Also, instead of responding to customer feedback and doing product development, ARMS sues LaRue and others. ARMS design was hot stuff in the 90s, but the design hasn't changed since them, in spite of developments in materials and methodology. They're like the college freshman party girl that never learned; she's ugly and looks like a saddle 15 years later, and is dumb enough to wonder why men don't hit on her like they used to.

It's possible to get lucky and get an ARMS mount that works just fine; tight without being too tight, verifiable return to zero. It's not quite unicorn-rare, but the chances of it happening are small enough, and their business practices are snotty and snobby enough that they are weak sauce in comparison to LaRue, ADM, and Bobro.

J_B
09-22-10, 12:55
Congrats and very nice!!

TLD gloves!!! That's all I wore when I raced DH.