PDA

View Full Version : The D in DCAEK stands for Delicious! Another M&P / Apex thread.

mlk18
09-17-10, 22:31
OMB Express delivered my FS M&P 9mm two days ago, a smooth and easy transaction. I wanted a recent production sample and OMB delivered a pistol produced in the Spring of 2010.

First off I didn't think the stock trigger on the M&P was that bad. Actually I thought it was pretty good. The reset was not as clean or short as I was used to, but again it was not that bad at all. Made me think I would be just fine leaving everything stock. Just the same I handed the gun over to the department armorer and asked him to give it a once over and install an Apex Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit.

Wow (insert pause for effect here)! Shorter, smoother, lighter, cleaner, crisper and much improved reset all in one little package. There is virtually NO front sight movement through the entire trigger pull motion. I need to get it to the range before I go from a believer to a devotee, but so far I am impressed (with both the M&P and the DCAEK). Not my first M&P by the way, but my first kit from Apex. If all goes well at the range it will not be my last either.

Hersh
09-17-10, 23:01
My experience has been the same. I didn't think the stock trigger was bad, but the kit really tightenened up the reset!

Hmac
09-17-10, 23:13
I don't think the stock trigger on my 9L feels that bad, but the front sight does wiggle a bit. Still waiting for my DCAEK to show up at my dealer.

Hmac
09-18-10, 00:00
Dupe, sorry.

willowofwisp
09-18-10, 00:24
I ran about 300 rounds through my stock full size 9 m&p the day before i had a local smith install his sear..i didn't think the trigger was horrible but i kept short stroking the trigger in that i was so used to my other m&p's with the sear.

The stock in terms of weight and smoothness trigger isn't horrible in the recent production guns its just the reset

ra2bach
09-18-10, 00:24
OMB Express delivered my FS M&P 9mm two days ago, a smooth and easy transaction. I wanted a recent production sample and OMB delivered a pistol produced in the Spring of 2010.

First off I didn't think the stock trigger on the M&P was that bad. Actually I thought it was pretty good. The reset was not as clean or short as I was used to, but again it was not that bad at all. Made me think I would be just fine leaving everything stock. Just the same I handed the gun over to the department armorer and asked him to give it a once over and install an Apex Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit.

Wow (insert pause for effect here)! Shorter, smoother, lighter, cleaner, crisper and much improved reset all in one little package. There is virtually NO front sight movement through the entire trigger pull motion. I need to get it to the range before I go from a believer to a devotee, but so far I am impressed (with both the M&P and the DCAEK). Not my first M&P by the way, but my first kit from Apex. If all goes well at the range it will not be my last either.

say what? they've been showing backorder since July. when did you order?

macnamara
09-18-10, 08:34
I don't think the stock trigger on my 9L feels that bad, but the front sight does wiggle a bit. Still waiting for my DCAEK to show up at my dealer.

I think once you install it, you'll see the difference.

Seraph
09-18-10, 09:36
say what? they've been showing backorder since July. when did you order?

Order one up from G&R Tactical. Grant has them in stock right now, I think. I ordered one from him yesterday, with the Apex goodies already installed and honed.

ra2bach
09-18-10, 11:00
Order one up from G&R Tactical. Grant has them in stock right now, I think. I ordered one from him yesterday, with the Apex goodies already installed and honed.

well I would, see... but he doesn't have that first responder pricing like OMB.

I support Grant when I can - I'm still waiting for my turn to come up on the custom Pistol_training.com version of the M&P. but I need another FS now. he'll get my dinero when the time comes...

Seraph
09-18-10, 11:16

I support Grant when I can - I'm still waiting for my turn to come up on the custom Pistol_training.com version of the M&P. but I need another FS now. he'll get my dinero when the time comes...

LOL... I'm not hawking for Grant. Just hate to see a guy pining for a pistol that's readily available. What's the OMB first responder price, anyway?

SWATcop556
09-18-10, 13:05

He does. You just have to contact him. He's a S&W LE Dealer.

mlk18
09-18-10, 23:06
The model I wanted was in stock at OMB; Full Size M&P 9mm with magazine safety but no manual safety. Perfect upgrade from my S&W 5943.

stealbear
09-21-10, 00:31
Kind off topic but why did you want a recent production gun? Any changes and dates i should know about?