PDA

View Full Version : M&P 45 14rd magazine base plates - replacement options

adh
09-18-10, 11:52
Any options out there for replacement base plates for the 14rnd M&P 45 magazines. I simply hate the aesthetics of the factory base plate/sleeve. The 10-8 base plates look nice, but at $38 a pop :eek: May be my only option.....if it is, I'll likely try to mod the factory design.

Thanks for any help/suggestions

markm
09-18-10, 12:12
Yeah. It is a little silly looking. I have one of those mags and don't really use it. I don't think I'd go to the trouble of changing the sleeve though.

domestique
09-18-10, 16:22
I have seen some people that have taken a Dremel to theirs to thin it out a bit.

willowofwisp
09-18-10, 16:28
10-8 makes a replacement basepad

Eric Shelton
09-19-10, 04:54
10-8 makes a replacement basepad
Did you bother reading the OP? :no:

Unfortunately adh, I'm in the same boat as willow and don't know of any decent replacements beside Hilton's, but I'll keep an eye out for you. Of course, I imagine you could always just remove the sleeve...?

Tennvol12345
09-19-10, 16:41
I took the baseplate off and tried to slide the sleeve off and couldn't get it to budge. I looked at the dremel and decided I probably shouldn't use it...I tend to get happy with the cut off wheel and I didn't want to burn through the mag tube. I used a hacksaw and shaved the front end off, then took a flat head screwdriver and popped the rest off. I don't typically like extended baseplates since they tend to pinch my hand when I reload, and the fact that I only have a MP45C made the oversized sleeve on the mag a eyesore.