PDA

View Full Version : Training virgin

Alpha Sierra
07-10-07, 19:51
Other than a 1 day handgun class locally, I have not attended any other training.

I self teach what I can, but we all know the drawbacks to that. So with that in mind, I signed up for 10-8's two day carbine course in central Michigan on the first weekend of August.

I know it will be hot, so I understand the hydrate and fuel through the day part.

What words of wisdom does anyone have on this class or training for the noob in general?

I've put around 600 rounds through the carbine so far, and I'll try to add a few more. Carrier key's been staked properly. I am pretty rigorous in gun maintenance.

Planning on a minimalist rig of sidearm in OWB pancake and a coupe of kydex rifle mag pouches on Wilderness belt. Speedloaders in RF pocket, where they would be in a defensive scenario. Yes, I am old school and pack wheelguns.

Any recommendations on good kneepads that will stay put?

Jay Cunningham
07-10-07, 20:07
Here's advice from Pat Rogers:

Coming to Class (http://www.eagtactical.com/article_detail.asp?articleID=1)

Cold Zero
07-10-07, 20:07
For good kneepads, I would check out Alta kneepads.

There is a ton of info' on gear and rec' for attending classes, the search button will be helpful.

A high level of fitness, is one thing you can not get from a catalog and bring to class.;)