PDA

View Full Version : Need help for mounting xps, magpul, magnifier, etc

filenamex5100
09-18-10, 18:25
im wondering if you guys can give me a little info on what i should do or if im already on the right track. my setup consist (relevant to this thread) of: mp15OR with eoetch xps2-2, eotech g23 magnifier w/fts mount, and magpul front and rear folding sights.
the xps2-2 is mounted directly to my flat top rail. the magnifier is also mounted directly to the same rail. the rear magpul mbus sight is also mounted to the same rail. in order for the magnifier to be mounted in front of but fit above the mbus sight, i must use the 7mm riser with the magnifier.
now that the magnifier is raised up due to the 7mm riser, the xps2-2 sits a little lower than the magnifier. still works great and all but i do have a little bit if shadowing in the view through the magnifier.
i want to raise the xps2-2 up a little bit to align it with the magnifier better.
im considering getting the larue lt-110 mount to raise it up just a little bit. my questions are: 1) is this the correct mount and will this mount allow me the proper distance from the magnifier?? 2) once i use the lt-110 mount, i can remove the 7mm riser from the magnifier and mount the magnifier direct to the added rail of the lt-110 ?? 3) will my front and rear magpul mbus be able to see through the xps2-2 window even once it has been mounted to the lt-110 ??

any help or experiences you guys and gals have with this is a similar setup would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot for your time.

Hmac
09-18-10, 20:10
Yeh, you really need a riser on the XPS so it will match the magnifier which needs the 7mm riser so it will clear the MBUS. You will then have lower 1/3 co-witness with your iron sights, which works out well with your Eotech. Shadowing of your iron sights throught the optic is normal. Note that you will find the rear buttons on the XPS2 a PITA if you're going to use it with a magnifier.

Your other option is to sell the XPS2 and get an OPMOD. That model, from Optics Planet, is about the same cost as an XPS2+LT-110. It has a built-in riser (matches the G23 with riser perfectly for lower-third co-witness), side buttons, and a QD lever mount. It costs $495. That's what I'd do, if it were me faced with this dilemma.

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/180-180-ffffff/opplanet-eotech-opmod-exps2-holographic-red-dot-sight.png

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/126402319.jpg