PDA

View Full Version : PS90 and ACOG?

kwelz
09-19-10, 03:27
Is there a low power, small ACOG with eye relief that that will work with the PS90?
I currently have an Aimpoint mounted but I find it easier to shoot with trijicon optics. (I think I have a slight astigmatism).

I was looking at the TR26S but am worried about how far forward it would be mounted.

By the way, I have the tri-rail PS90 if it matter for mounting purposes.

ShipWreck
09-19-10, 10:42
I looked at the mini ACOG with a red ring circle at a Houston store - I have looked at it several times now - it's 1.5 magnification....

I just bought a 2nd PS90 that I want to keep battery free - and I have the USG sight. I thought about selling the USG sight and getting the mini ACOG. But, I like the low profile of the stock sight - and it is an extra PS90 for me (I have an XPS Eotech on my 1st one).

I have been very tempted to buy one of these, but the cost of it is killing me. It costs more than 1/2 the gun. But, it seems like a sweet optic, and its much smaller than standard ACOGs

Tomac
09-19-10, 17:57
I've heard from a couple of others who really like the 1.5x mini-ACOG on their PS90's but I have no personal experience w/that setup.
Tomac

ShipWreck
09-19-10, 21:12
Something weird with this thread - it still shows no replies on the list of threads, but there are 3 now...

kwelz
09-21-10, 10:58
Yeah Shipwreck. I just clicked on the thread to ask if I should move it to the optics section and realized their were replies. the Board is having some tech issues.

Thanks for the help. I am not so much worried about the price as I am the sight working properly. Sounds like it will.

mcmillanman5
09-21-10, 19:56
Mark McWillis from TROS makes a mount to use the mini acog. If you are wanting to mount an acog this looks like the best solution:

http://www.trosusa.com/

Please let us know what you end up doing.

ShipWreck
09-21-10, 20:03
Mark McWillis from TROS makes a mount to use the mini acog. If you are wanting to mount an acog this looks like the best solution:

http://www.trosusa.com/

Please let us know what you end up doing.

He is no longer making these - Unless he gets a lot of interest, it is no more.

Someone posted at AR15.com that they had contacted them directly and had no luck - 2 weeks ago.

mcmillanman5
09-21-10, 22:15
Sorry about that, was not aware... I really wanted one of the ps90 aimpoint mounts. Any idea if he has quit making them as well?

ShipWreck
09-22-10, 06:28
If I remember right, I think the aimpoint mounts are still being made.

kwelz
09-22-10, 07:33
My PS90 is the Tri Railed version so I don't need to worry about the mount. I can just get the ACOG made to bolt directly to the rail.