PDA

View Full Version : carry handle variation question

dunadan
09-19-10, 13:08
Hello!
Hoping someone can help me out here... I have a national match front post on my BCM Midlength with F front sight base...with the BCM carry handle (square forge mark), I can only get an Improved Battle Zero (50/200 meter) by raising the front post uncomfortably far up out of it's well... I tried another carry handle, this one with a cardinal forge mark, and I can get zero fine with the base of the front post slightly below flush in the well, which is outstanding. So now I want to go to an optic, and I was going to chop my carry handle. A friend of mine told me that the cardinal marked carry handles are hard to come by, and that chopping it would be a shame. I really don't have the money for a BUIS, I want the elevation capability of the A2 rear, and I'm not sure that the LMT rear would work any better than my BCM handle. Does anyone have any experience with all this? Are cardinal handles hard to come by? I've looked for a taller N.M. front post, can't find one...I appreciate any suggestions or input!

bkb0000
09-19-10, 15:11
hard to come by? dunno why youd want to. if the carry handle you have on there works for you, and you want a chopped carry handle sight- chop that bitch. its not a collectors item.

arizonaranchman
09-19-10, 17:01
My 16" BCM middy has the standard front sight post it came with. I have a carry handle on that gun and it zero's just fine 50/200 with the SQUARE forged carry handle that I have FYI.

I shoot 62gr Silver Bear through this gun almost exclusively as it's cheap and the gun gobbles it up 100%.

Interesting post, I'll be watching for the answer to this also.

Question: Why do you have the NM front post on it? Is that perhaps the problem? It could be that post or the ammo you're using, or just a quirk with your individual rifle too.

jmart
09-20-10, 18:29
I'd spring for a whopping $5 and get a BM front site post. Or I'd sell the BCM CH and get a DD or LaRue fixed BUIS. You still may need the taller BM FSP with these, you'll just have to see for yourself.

I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle on front site post width on a carbine, just go with the std .072 or whatever it is. I also wouldn't get too concerned with elevation adjustability. This isn't a a DCM HP rig.

If you still want the elev adjustability, then I'd look into a KAC micro BUIS. You'd have to sell one of your CH's to offset this though.

ETA: If you are looking at a RDS, then a fixed BUIS would work. But if looking at a conventional scope, then you'll need a folding erar BUIS.

dunadan
10-01-10, 11:20
Thanks for your input!... I prefer the thinner post of the NM, but I can't find a "tall"one... I'm going to try turning a stock square post down...

peabody
10-06-10, 22:03
Thanks for your input!... I prefer the thinner post of the NM, but I can't find a "tall"one... I'm going to try turning a stock square post down...

model one sales has lots of sights to choose from.

www.model1sales.com