PDA

View Full Version : Night sights advice needed

cathellsk
07-11-07, 09:51
I received an order from Botach yesterday. The two sets of Trijicon night sights I ordered for me and my buddy's Glock 36s are dated '01, six years old. I know places can have some old stock, but six years? Should I expect them to replace them with newer stock or just live with it? I compared them to the '05 dated Trijicons on my Glock 19 and they are slightly duller.

Paulinski
07-11-07, 10:12
Considering the life of tritium is about 10 years I would get them exchanged for newer set. There is a reason Trijicon marks the date of manufacture on them.

rubberneck
07-11-07, 10:27
Botach has a really poor reputation for a reason. Sending you "brand new" night sights that have used up 60% of their useful life span is total crap and IMHO extremely unethical. Knowing their reputation that doesn't come as a surprise to me.

Knowing that, I would write it off as a learning experience and then buy night sights from either Heinie of Novak and move on. Not what you probably wanted to hear but I would bet the ranch that you won't get any satisfaction from Botach.

edited to add:

I would let Trijicon know that one of their dealers is selling customers 6 year old night sights. You might be able to get somewhere with them as they are a good company.

cathellsk
07-11-07, 10:45
Just got off the phone with Botach. They said they just received a new shipment from Trijicon the other day and don't understand how I got 6 year old sights, but they will replace them. Good for me, now to see what I get in return.

I had also ordered a standard set for my G19. They were dated '06. Should I fool with sending those back too? Just wondering what you'd do, thanks. :)

Joseywales
07-11-07, 20:26
Just got off the phone with Botach. They said they just received a new shipment from Trijicon the other day and don't understand how I got 6 year old sights, but they will replace them. Good for me, now to see what I get in return.

I had also ordered a standard set for my G19. They were dated '06. Should I fool with sending those back too? Just wondering what you'd do, thanks. :)

Keep '06, send back rest

cathellsk
07-11-07, 21:24
Thanks for the replies guys. I've heard good and bad about Botach, mostly bad. But like a dummy went ahead and ordered from the anyhow. Now I know why. :( Lesson learned....first hand now. Next time I'll stick with the Glock specific people. To be honest, I went with them for the free shipping I heard they had, but I didn't get that either. :(

HankL
07-12-07, 06:01
I got in two sets from Brownells yesterday both marked 07. Just a FYI

Stik
07-12-07, 06:20
Yeah, Botach blows. I have even had there "customer service manager" contact me due to my complaints, promise me discount or free shipping on my next order so I gave them another chance. Those drop ship idiots still sent incorrect items (again), charged me shipping and full price. Sonya (Cus. Ser. Manager) will be getting a call from me again today. A few months ago, I sent back the items they sent me that were similar to my order, but not what I ordered, with a copy of my original invoice w/item #'s I ordered and the items that I actually recieved w/item #'s off their website and still haven't gotten what I originally ordered.

Bonk2029
07-12-07, 19:42
Keep the '06's.

'01's sold as new? That's complete crap.:mad: