PDA

View Full Version : M&P L with a thumb safety?

Wrestler184
09-19-10, 15:49
Is it possible to get a thumb safety on a long side model? I would like a pistol with the long sight radius with the safety.
1. Does anyone know if the factory will assemble one?
2. Does anyone do slide swaps and sell the swaped guns?

willowofwisp
09-19-10, 16:05
Is it possible to get a thumb safety on a long side model? I would like a pistol with the long sight radius with the safety.
1. Does anyone know if the factory will assemble one?
2. Does anyone do slide swaps and sell the swaped guns?

There was a guy on the m&p pistol boards who had one and I believe he said it as done by the performance center...but they don't do it from what i have been told.

Your best option and probably cheapest would be to buy a standard 9L and then a regular 9 with thumb safety and swap the slides/frames and sell one.

Magsz
09-19-10, 18:09
Unfortunately they do not offer this configuration.

Im guessing the 5 inch models dont sell enough to warrant shipping this type of gun to dealers. Still, i would love to see it as a catalog item so they could at least be ordered. :/

Seraph
09-19-10, 19:10
How funny that this thread should come up today. I'm also interested in a M&P 9L with a thumb safety. I've inquired with Mr. Randy Lee, whether his match sear housing that's in the works would be made to allow for a thumb safety. Seems to me that the same unit could be used, whether the end user wanted a thumb safety or not. I'd like to be able to get it done without turning a separate new pistol into a used one, so I'm hoping to see this made possible through use of the Apex parts. With a gunsmith fit barrel, and a pile of Apex goodies, the M&P 9L could be like a polymer framed striker fired Sig P210. :eek:

7PI
09-20-10, 13:04
I have pulled the thumb safety out of several M&P45s. It seems to me that one could easily be installed.

Once you remove the cut out on the receiver the lever should drop in.

Someone has to know for sure. Maybe the folks at Apex would know.