PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell says illegals work on his house so he wants them legal

Honu
09-19-10, 20:27
pisses me off cause my wife and I had to go through all the steps to get her legal ! and we did not try to shortcut the line etc..

shame really in these tough times he cant support the many handyman that I bet would do the work ! that are citizens

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/19/colin-powell-illegal-immigrants-fix-house/

Business_Casual
09-19-10, 20:33
The best part was "if Republicans won the House, would it break my heart? No."

Hey, thanks pseudo-Republican Powell! Thanks for endorsing Obama, don't let the door hit 'cha where the good Lord split 'cha!

On the same note, how can you tell Obama's in trouble? He went to church:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_church

B_C

BrianS
09-19-10, 21:05
They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house.

Why is nothing done when people confess to crimes on national TV these days?

"Let's attack him on policy, not nonsense," he said.

Funny that Powell is the one who brings up the nonsense in an effort to distract from the fact that the guy he supported has been a complete trainwreck with horrible policies that ARE being attacked. Nobody serious is talking about Obama's birth certificate at this point, yet Powell brings it up like that's all we have on Obama.

CarlosDJackal
09-19-10, 21:26
Colin who? :angry:

Thomas M-4
09-19-10, 21:33
Screw the turn coat I hope his front door isn't square and he has to pay some one that knows how to read a level to fix it.

500grains
09-19-10, 21:33
Yeah, Colin is irrelevant. And his brain has been malfunctioning for several years now.

Business_Casual
09-19-10, 21:44
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/20/world/europe/20sweden.html

B_C

Bolt_Overide
09-19-10, 23:07
There was a time, many years ago, when I thought the man walked on water, not so much these days.

ChicagoTex
09-20-10, 01:44

Last I checked, calling a company to do residential repairs and having that company send illegals doesn't make YOU guilty of any crime.

BrianS
09-20-10, 03:31
Last I checked, calling a company to do residential repairs and having that company send illegals doesn't make YOU guilty of any crime.

Is that what he does? He didn't provide any detail like that in the article I read saying they were hired by a third party, and hiring day laborers actually does constitute a crime.

Regardless, the fact that he likes to take advantage of cheap labor provided by workers he is admitting he knows are illegal doesn't mean we should make them all citizens.

armakraut
09-20-10, 04:07
At least we know why we have unemployment problems in this country. He's not hiring Americans.

John_Wayne777
09-20-10, 06:48
I find myself remarkably uninterested in what Colin Powell has to say about anything anymore.

Safetyhit
09-20-10, 08:01
The man is the political equivalent of a transsexual. Extremely confused, now disturbing on several levels.

SteyrAUG
09-20-10, 12:07
What a jackass.

Another name of a person I once respected off my list. And that list is getting damn short these days.

Spiffums
09-20-10, 14:15
The man is the political equivalent of a transsexual. Extremely confused, now disturbing on several levels.

You should auction this off as an official sig line.

500grains
09-20-10, 19:06
I would like to add:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/500grains/generalrectumpowell4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/500grains/generalrectumpowell2.jpg

HK45
09-20-10, 19:21
Yup. You would think that presidents who brag about illegal wars based on lies as Bush does about iraq and illegal torture would be charged. But no. Bush even thought it was funny to do his little where are the WMD's skit while people were dying for his lies in Iraq. Thats the kind of thing you are talking about right?

Funny that Powell is the one who brings up the nonsense in an effort to distract from the fact that the guy he supported has been a complete trainwreck with horrible policies that ARE being attacked. Nobody serious is talking about Obama's birth certificate at this point, yet Powell brings it up like that's all we have on Obama.

Safetyhit
09-20-10, 19:41
Yup. You would think that presidents who brag about illegal wars based on lies as Bush does about iraq and illegal torture would be charged. But no. Bush even thought it was funny to do his little where are the WMD's skit while people were dying for his lies in Iraq. Thats the kind of thing you are talking about right?

Like to keep things in context, do you?

This post is a fu*king joke.

BrianS
09-20-10, 19:53
You would think that presidents who brag about illegal wars based on lies as Bush does about iraq and illegal torture would be charged.

Time to up the meds.

War in Iraq was authorized by Congress and water boarding isn't torture.

Like to keep things in context, do you?

This post is a fu*king joke.

Yep.

Puff, puff, pass.

rljatl
09-20-10, 21:14

Every intelligence agency in the world, including, Britain, France, Germany, Russia, etc, believed that Iraq had WMD. Bush was going by what the best intelligence estimates of time told him. It may have been a mistake, but it most definitely was not a lie. To believe otherwise, is either a lie to yourself or simply a low IQ.

variablebinary
09-20-10, 21:22
I had so much faith in Powell at one point. I would have supported him for president. That seems like a long time ago.

What a shame.

Thomas M-4
09-20-10, 22:10

That doesn't matter he can stand back and call who ever screwed him what ever he likes I wouldn't blame him one bit. But that doesn't mean to go Bendick Arnold on every thing you have built your life around.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Benedict_Arnold_Signature.svg/190px-Benedict_Arnold_Signature.svg.png

Thomas M-4
09-20-10, 22:24

The man got a screwed up deal nobody going to argue that. He can stand back and throw shit at anybody that he thinks screwed him I wouldn't blame him one bit. But don't go all Benedict Arnold just because you got screwed go after the people that screwed you over.

Colin Pyle sign:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Benedict_Arnold_Signature.svg/190px-Benedict_Arnold_Signature.svg.png

Honu
09-21-10, 00:50
lets drop the blame bush and get back on target !!!

why do some people have to always bring up Bush in things ? silly

Gentoo
09-21-10, 01:59
I was cleaning out some boxes the other day and came across Powells autobiography. I thought to myself, 'my how the mighty have fallen' as I threw it in the trash.

Honu
09-21-10, 03:30
OK lets not blame Bush anymore :) and try to divert away from things ;) so lets keep it about Collin please ;)