PDA

View Full Version : Central Ohio ranges???

Militant83
09-20-10, 15:42
Anyone know of some good ranges in the central ohio area, pistol and or rifle?

gtmtnbiker98
09-22-10, 08:49
You are right down the road from Pickaway County Sportsmen, off of 22, between Circleville and Lancaster. Big Darby in West Jefferson; however, they are currently under shutdown due to legal issues.

Just a little farther out, Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association in Wilmington has shotgun trap/skeet fields, 200-yard rifle, and several pistol bays. Worth the drive.

mikeross506
09-24-10, 19:04
Raiders Ridge Outfitters is being constructed one hour east of Columbus. So far it's just a pistol range that offers instruction courses but it will soon serve a whole variety of shooting stages. From 800 yard rifle to moving target.

Militant83
09-27-10, 20:31
You are right down the road from Pickaway County Sportsmen, off of 22, between Circleville and Lancaster. Big Darby in West Jefferson; however, they are currently under shutdown due to legal issues.

Just a little farther out, Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association in Wilmington has shotgun trap/skeet fields, 200-yard rifle, and several pistol bays. Worth the drive.

Yeah, Pickaway county is a member only I believe.

Militant83
09-27-10, 20:32
Raiders Ridge Outfitters is being constructed one hour east of Columbus. So far it's just a pistol range that offers instruction courses but it will soon serve a whole variety of shooting stages. From 800 yard rifle to moving target.

800 yd Rifle would be nice..

mikeross506
09-27-10, 20:44
800 yd Rifle would be nice..

Hopefully it will be a reality within the next year. The range is NRA sanctioned and simply waiting for funds to finish construction.

Sluggo
09-27-10, 23:14
Anyone know of some good ranges in the central ohio area, pistol and or rifle?

Blackwing Shooting Center just outside Delaware, has 2 multi-lane indoor ranges, 8 trap fields, 2 skeet fields, new sporting clays course, and the largest firearms pro-shop in Ohio. Its no good for long range rifle but for everything else its awesome!

duece71
03-01-11, 08:54
Dillon out near Newark. I have not been out there and I believe public shooting is wednesday afternoons and weekends. Big Darby was nice, I hope the legal issues are resolved soon, it was the closest range to my house. I have usually gone to Delaware state park range for anything rifle but am always looking for closer/better to NE Columbus. The 800 yrd range out east sounds good. Do they have a website?? I used to trek all the way down to Waverly with a good friend of mine to Pike county fish and game. I haven't been down there in years. I have heard of the Circleville range but have not been down there.

seanhagerty
03-01-11, 09:43
Thunder Valley and Raynors range are east of Columbus a bit but are worth the drive.

Alpha Sierra
06-05-11, 21:05
Does anyone know the latest on Big Darby's legal hassles?

carshooter
06-06-11, 11:38
The last I heard, the land was sold to Batelle, so it's gone for good at least at the old location.

Alpha Sierra
06-06-11, 21:46
The last I heard, the land was sold to Batelle, so it's gone for good at least at the old location.

You have got to be shitting me........

Dave_M
06-06-11, 22:24
You have got to be shitting me........

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2011/04/29/battelle-buys-shooting-range-after.html

duece71
06-16-11, 15:04

****, that sucks, it was close to my house. They must have thought it was a lost battle.

0okami.Digital
11-21-11, 02:06
How far are you from Powell? There is a place called Powder Room.
That's where my CCW instructor took me to show proficiency for NRA Basic Pistol course.

Its an indoor range. They have firearm rentals and ammo there. It gets crowded sometimes. Air circulation is rather poor. But they seem to be nice people.

Web Address: http://www.powderrm.com/