PDA

View Full Version : Mating M&P .40 with X300

pgpd3147
09-20-10, 22:52
I'm having an issue with installing an X300 with a standard M&P .40. Are you guys using the "u" or "p" mount. thanks for the help.

pgpd3147
09-20-10, 23:03
I guess telling you guys what the issue is would help. It seems like both the "u" and "p" mounts are to big for the rail on the M&P.

kwelz
09-20-10, 23:17
I don't have ten .40 but my training gun is a M&P9 with an X300.

I use the U mount and have no problems.
What do you mean that it is too "big"?

orionz06
09-20-10, 23:22
I use the universal (u) mount and on all of my M&P's, as well as a few friends guns, the light had to be forced on the first time. It doesn't take much force, but use a door jamb to give it a little extra force and it will click on.

pgpd3147
09-20-10, 23:34
The back plate of the x300 is making contact before I can get the notch for both mounts to click. I've tried google but no answer. I really don't want to do anything to the pistol since its a duty weapon.

pgpd3147
09-21-10, 00:06
UPDATE: I guess since I wasn't strong enough I asked my 9 month pregnant wife to use her prego strength to install the light. I got it on but it seems like its angled up a bit. I also tried to file down the notch on the "u" mount and it seems like helps. Hopefully there is a more professional way to install the light. Thanks for the help guys!

Magsz
09-21-10, 00:18
Seems as though alot of recent X300's have been coming with oversized U notches as im experiencing the same "issue".

Whether this is by design or not i dont know but its really not that big of a deal as far as function goes. I would rather have a tight light than a rattle trap.

macnamara
09-21-10, 07:09
I had the same problem with my wife's M&P JG9 and a X200A. We used the U mount, but I really had to push that sucker on there. I have since removed it from that weapon, but I remember the X200A being *right on* the trigger guard.

SWATcop556
09-21-10, 07:20
I use the rail lock on my duty M&P 40 since I only take the light off to change batteries. I use the "P" insert. It was snug going on the first time but no issues since. Why are you guys using the "U" insert intended for the Glock? Just curious.

pgpd3147
09-21-10, 07:40
The reason I use the "U" notch is because I also use my light on my MC Operator. Since the Operator uses the "P" notch, I don't mind if the "U" notch gets messed up due to my shitty DYI. Anybody notice any failure to feeds with the light attached.

willowofwisp
09-21-10, 07:48
I have ran about 2k rounds through my 9L/9 with an x300 attached using the U mount, the light was tight to fit onto the gun when i first got it but after a few times of taking it on and off and putting rounds through it the light goes on perfect, hold down the lever slide it on and let go and you hear a nice audible click.

I think the S&W trigger guard angle is what makes it difficult to attach the light, the back end of the light is right on it i think