PDA

View Full Version : SBR LMT Gas Block Question

SMOKEEATERFF
09-21-10, 10:01
So I talked with BCM and they can't do a custom setup, which I figured. Never hurts to ask. I think I want to go with a 10.5" LMT upper receiver and either change out the fsb to a low profile or shave it. I want to go with a 9" Troy or VTAC Extreme Battlerail and Troy HK front flip sight. Would it be eaiser to remove or shave the front sight post? I'm no gunsmith but I think I could do it. Any advice or words of wisdom? :help:

Packman73
09-21-10, 10:43
I've been thinking the same thing. Subbed to see where you go with it.;)

AR15barrels
09-21-10, 15:51
So I talked with BCM and they can't do a custom setup, which I figured. Never hurts to ask. I think I want to go with a 10.5" LMT upper receiver and either change out the fsb to a low profile or shave it. I want to go with a 9" Troy or VTAC Extreme Battlerail and Troy HK front flip sight. Would it be eaiser to remove or shave the front sight post? I'm no gunsmith but I think I could do it. Any advice or words of wisdom? :help:

LMT's pins are straight so they hammer out easier than taper pins.

http://ar15barrels.com/tech/lmt-fsb-park.jpg

Remove the muzzle device, knock out the pins, slide the FSB off the barrel, knock out the gas tube roll pin, move the gas tube to the low profile gas block of your choice, re-install the gas tube roll pin, slide the gas block back on the barrel and lock it down.
While you have the FSB off, you will want to pull the barrel nut off and strip off the delta ring if you go with a Troy rail, otherwise install whatever freefloat system's barrel nut you go with.

Col_Crocs
09-21-10, 18:33
How about going with a DD barrel assembly with a pinned fsb? Nothing against LMT but it would be the more practical route for what you have in mind. They come with the FSB loosely pinned for an easy tap out so the end user can easily slip his choice barrel nut on and in your case, shave the FSB as well.
You might even want to ask Grant if he can put the whole thing together for you.