PDA

View Full Version : How many people at work read this board instead of working?

Zero Signal
09-21-10, 12:46
Was wondering how many people like me actually sit on here and read this board all day long instead of actually working?:D

SteveL
09-21-10, 13:23
I spend a good bit of time on here reading while I'm at work. I don't work a traditional 8 to 5 job, though, so I have a good bit of down time while I'm "working", like right now for example.

ruddyhair
09-21-10, 13:27
Maybe not all day... but I do log on and read a little when it's slow.

ForTehNguyen
09-21-10, 13:32
instead of a smoke break like some people do, I do an M4carbine break

Slinger646
09-21-10, 13:35
I check up at lunch, and address PMs via cell. Other than that, I'm too busy.....

sevin8nin
09-21-10, 13:38
I use my bathroom breaks to read the boards

Iraq Ninja
09-21-10, 13:38
I wish I could. The forum is blocked by the "Weapons Category" of the web filter they use. Sadly, our work internet is the same as what we have in our living quarters.

I tried to explain that this filter is probably for children at public schools, and not grown adults who actually need such information, but they don't have a clue...

dirt_diver
09-21-10, 14:03
This forum is a great respite from things such as drywall removal in the midst of a remodel. Drywall dust and mouse nests, or m4c.net? Tough choice...

telecustom
09-21-10, 14:04
Absolutely, this is what I due between writing OPORDs.

Alex V
09-21-10, 14:14
I wish I could. The forum is blocked by the "Weapons Category" of the web filter they use. Sadly, our work internet is the same as what we have in our living quarters.

I tried to explain that this filter is probably for children at public schools, and not grown adults who actually need such information, but they don't have a clue...

Oddly enough TOS is blocked via the "Weapons" Category, but site is not. Should be drawing a COB branch right now...

William B.
09-21-10, 14:36
I read this board all the time at work. It helps me to maintain my combat mindset even in this POG billet that I currently fill... I always "have my head on a swivel" looking out for SNCO's so I can minimize this screen before they can see it :D

docsherm
09-21-10, 14:37
That is what i am doing right now. :lol:

dhrith
09-21-10, 14:44

Used to be a program/website called anonymizer.com???
Have you looked into it?

WillBrink
09-21-10, 15:29
Was wondering how many people like me actually sit on here and read this board all day long instead of actually working?:D

What is this work you speak of?

montanadave
09-21-10, 16:12
What is this work you speak of?

I was just thinking the same thing.

theblackknight
09-21-10, 17:33
I read this board all the time at work. It helps me to maintain my combat mindset even in this POG billet that I currently fill... I always "have my head on a swivel" looking out for SNCO's so I can minimize this screen before they can see it :D

Same here yut.

Moose-Knuckle
09-21-10, 17:45
If I have some down time sure.

M4Fundi
09-21-10, 21:21
I thought surfing here was my job;)

variablebinary
09-22-10, 00:29
The best thing about smart phones and 3G/4G connections is you can surf your favorite sites are work, and take that internet usage policy and ram it down the HR bitch's man pleaser.

I don't need your shitty comp and connection to waste time at work!

lethal dose
09-22-10, 00:49
The best thing about smart phones and 3G/4G connections is you can surf your favorite sites are work, and take that internet usage policy and ram it down the HR bitch's man pleaser.

can we get a "like" button like the one on facebook?

CoryCop25
09-22-10, 01:04
I am on at work much more than at home. I hate when radio calls interrupt my reading! Gotta go!

Macx
09-22-10, 01:15
I would be drawwing unemployment shortly after visiting this site while at work. I don't even know what kind of filters work has . .. I do know that I am making a LOT of effort to come off as "mr. family dad the nice guy who wouldn't hurt a _____ & is maybe a little progressive". I know I like the job and want to keep it. I know I have to stay away from fun sites entirely at work . .. I could get away with facebook, but anything vaguely gun related would have me throwwing resumes at closed doors again. Once per recession is too much ..

kbi
09-22-10, 07:40
No customer here.

To early to pick on techs'

Ejh28
09-22-10, 09:09
I have to deal with a lot of stupid people at work, and this site helps me stay sane :)

Also finding people with a similar point of view on politics/life is pretty refreshing since most of my friends couldn't give two shits about where this country is heading.

C4IGrant
09-22-10, 10:33
I get paid to surf the forum. So this IS my job. :dirol:

C4

JSantoro
09-22-10, 10:46
I got this site and a few others cleared through our IT department.

I don't know about any of you jokers, but I'm not "surfing." I'm researching...ahem...independent technical information sources.

Best part is, that's a fact. I apply stuff I see here and elsewhere to training evolutions. That I have an ulterior motive....well, the form didn't have a space for ulterior motives; not my fault. ;)

Palmguy
09-22-10, 10:54

Now if only smartphones without cameras were relatively common or available...

kwelz
09-22-10, 12:55
I get paid to surf the forum. So this IS my job. :dirol:

C4

Two words are coming to mind. Hate and You. although I guess they could be proceeded by I "F-ing"

I surf from work. But only when I can.

C4IGrant
09-22-10, 15:25
Hate and You.

Interesting. I seem to hear these two words a lot. Coincidence?

C4

kwelz
09-22-10, 15:36
Interesting. I seem to hear these two words a lot. Coincidence?

C4

Yes. It has nothing to do with the fact that you have a job we all want.

orionz06
09-22-10, 16:26
I look at it as working while browsing the internet...

HES
09-22-10, 23:51
As long as Im not traveling to a client site I screw off here and multiple other boards.