PDA

View Full Version : What supplements are you taking?

Militant83
09-21-10, 15:45
Just out of curiosity and maybe to get some discussion going on what people are taking and what has worked best for them, What performance enhancing supplements do you take pre,during,and or after your work outs?

Ive taken all kinds of supplements over the years. Used to take a gang load of things. Wasn't seeing the results that I wanted. So I decided to sI'mplify my supplement intake and now im currently taking Protein and TestFreak testosterone booster and in the short amount of time Ive been on this combination Ive seen excellent results combined with a 4 day a week workout program and maintaining a diet between 2000-2500 calories.

So lets here what you got going on..

J-Dub
09-23-10, 09:12
Protein: (Usually only post-workout) muscle milk or 100% ON whey

Pre workout: Jack3d

Vitamin: (when i remember) ON opti-men

rushca01
09-23-10, 09:15
Volugro as a post workout and probalic with protien and amino acid 2 times a day, once it the morning and once before bed.

bsf
09-25-10, 08:38
Fish oil, generic multivitamin, and whey protein concentrate. I use EAS brand 100% whey because I can get it dirt cheap from Sam’s Club. It is utilized primarily as a protein intake booster, normally on days of elevated physical activity; usually taken post-workout. Occasionally I use the shakes as a snack, especially if a meal is going to be postponed.

User Name
09-25-10, 09:24
Just out of curiosity and maybe to get some discussion going on what people are taking and what has worked best for them, What performance enhancing supplements do you take pre,during,and or after your work outs?

Ive taken all kinds of supplements over the years. Used to take a gang load of things. Wasn't seeing the results that I wanted. So I decided to sI'mplify my supplement intake and now im currently taking Protein and TestFreak testosterone booster and in the short amount of time Ive been on this combination Ive seen excellent results combined with a 4 day a week workout program and maintaining a diet between 2000-2500 calories.

So lets here what you got going on..

I don't believe that any over the counter test booster really works. Now testosterone straight up. Well that is a whole different ball game. I always just used BCAA and various vitamins. Sounds like your on the right track though. Good luck.

Derek_Connor
09-27-10, 17:26
Even if you have squeaky clean diet, I'd imagine damn near everyone could benefit from Fish Oil, Vitamin D, magnesium and possbily a pre/pro-biotic.

J_B
09-27-10, 17:55
Muscle Milk, vanilla. After workouts and on off day(s), before hitting the rack.

Glutamine after workouts. On off day(s), I take it alittle bit before hitting the rack.

Militant83
09-27-10, 19:25
I don't believe that any over the counter test booster really works. Now testosterone straight up. Well that is a whole different ball game. I always just used BCAA and various vitamins. Sounds like your on the right track though. Good luck.

Well you you look into all the reviews on testfreak on bodybuilding.com alot of people said it worked so i figured I would give it a shot and im almost to the end of this cycle with it and in my second week of using it I noticed my gain were going up considerably. So somethings working. But as with everything out there I think peoples bodies react differently to various things. What works for someone might not work for another.

J_B
09-27-10, 19:53
But as with everything out there I think peoples bodies react differently to various things. What works for someone might not work for another.

I really believe in this.

I have friends who swear by creatine but for me, it makes me bloaty and I get the mud butt.

Some don't use glutamine because they do not see results but for me, it works well.

Robb Jensen
09-27-10, 20:16
I take a multivitamin, a B complex vitamin, and a fish oil gel in the morning when I take my allergy pill (Zyrtec) just after breakfast.

OutlawDon
09-28-10, 01:03
Currently...

-Fish Oil...great for brain, heart, overall health
-Whey protein...great source of fast digesting protein post workout
-Hemp protein....great soure of plant protein that is complete and has good amounts of fiber and omegas
-Spirulina pills...benefits are too numerous to list
-Inhibit E...small kick to ramp up testosterone while preventing excessive estrogen (just on for about a month and will take a break)
-Gingko Biloba...improves memory, brain function and blood flow to brain
-Men's Multivitamin...just because for extra insurance
-Creatine...improve explosiveness/power in weight room, and possibly power/endurance while biking

I've tried many other stuff in the past but my main focus now is on overall health as I get older while trying to improve conditioning/cardio/V02 max for biking while retaining lean body mass from last 20+ years of weight/strength training.

J-Dub
09-28-10, 09:01
I really believe in this.

I have friends who swear by creatine but for me, it makes me bloaty and I get the mud butt.

Some don't use glutamine because they do not see results but for me, it works well.

So true.

Whats also true is that supplements are SUPPLEMENTS, NOT replacements.

Militant83
09-28-10, 09:52
So true.

Whats also true is that supplements are SUPPLEMENTS, NOT replacements.

Very true also