PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P9c Triplets: Thanks, Grant!

Tomac
09-23-10, 06:25
Bought an M&P9 for myself not long ago and an M&P9c for the wife. To make a long story short I loved the 9c so I've sold the fullsize and we now have 3 9c's courtesy of Grant at G&R Tactical. All have Meprolight night sights and the APEX sear & striker block. W/fullsize mags & X-grip adapter I have the same capacity as the fullsize when needed.
Tomac

(From the top) Wife's 9c w/S&W Micro 90 light & flat bottom mag (her preference), my nightstand 9c w/fullsize mags & Micro 90 light and my CCW 9c w/fullsize reload in a Galco pocket mag carrier (sorry about the pic quality):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/RotationofResizeofSWMP9Compacts002.jpg

MichaelD
09-23-10, 08:02
Nice-looking little family you got there.

SWATcop556
09-23-10, 10:51
The 9c is a great firearm and I've switched to carrying one off duty. I do have to say that the grip sleeves for the M&Ps are hideous though. I carry a full size mag for a reload and just rock it with it sticking out of the grip.

Why the change from the FS to the C?

ColdDeadHand
09-23-10, 11:18
I'm slightly jealous. If those were in .40, I would be seething.

I love my MPc40.

Looks like you have a nice little collection started.

willowofwisp
09-23-10, 11:24
The 9c is a great firearm and I've switched to carrying one off duty. I do have to say that the grip sleeves for the M&Ps are hideous though. I carry a full size mag for a reload and just rock it with it sticking out of the grip.

+1 i either rock the full size mag or a compact mag with an arrendo extension

MichaelD
09-23-10, 18:58

I have no idea why X-Grips decided to change the grip contour vs. the full-size. I'd have just tried to closely replicate it.

When I carry a spare mag, I just carry it bare as well.

Tomac
09-23-10, 19:04

Nice thing about the mag sleeves is that I can easily remove them at any time should I decide I'd rather not use them.
Why go to C instead of FS?
I realize I'm losing some velocity & sight radius by doing so but so far I shoot the C as well as the FS (haven't tested if that holds true at longer ranges) and I figure my primary use is CCW w/nightstand as a secondary duty. W/2 C's instead of a FS & C I can CCW both if needbe and handling/weight is identical between them.
Tomac

MookNW
09-23-10, 19:11
How's the micro light? Haven't heard much about people using these.

Tomac
09-23-10, 19:17
How's the micro light? Haven't heard much about people using these.

I think it's a great light for the price but I haven't yet decided if it's superior to the TLR-3.
W/the Micro I like how the momentary/constant-on switches are separate & different in function so you can't easily confuse them (and the momentary-on is easier to do w/the Micro) but the constant-on is more difficult and less intuitive.
Tomac

SaddleTramp
09-23-10, 21:43
Tomac,

Any experience carrying these with an IWB holster? I see each of these have the thumb safety and wondering how the feel/comfort is against the body with the thumb safety.

Thank you!

Tomac
09-24-10, 06:52
Tomac,
Any experience carrying these with an IWB holster? I see each of these have the thumb safety and wondering how the feel/comfort is against the body with the thumb safety.
Thank you!

I've been carrying AIWB w/a cheap holster until my Shaggy arrives. The cheap holster doesn't have an extended "comfort" flap so I find myself aware of the grip against my skin but it's not uncomfortable and I don't notice the thumb safety at all.
Tomac

RogerinTPA
09-24-10, 17:13
Nice score Tomac. The M&P9c is a fun and accurate little gun to shoot and carry concealed. I do recommend ammo designed for "short barrels" like Speer Gold Dot 124 grn +P. It makes up for that loss in velocity by ensuring reliability in proper expansion.

Tomac
09-24-10, 18:48
Nice score Tomac. The M&P9c is a fun and accurate little gun to shoot and carry concealed. I do recommend ammo designed for "short barrels" like Speer Gold Dot 124 grn +P. It makes up for that loss in velocity by ensuring reliability in proper expansion.

Thx! That's a good steer on the ammo, I appreciate it!
Tomac

gsxr-fan
09-25-10, 11:19
Nice setup for you and the wife! You might want to check out stippling the grip and back strap with a soldering iron; did it to my full size M&P and it makes a world of difference. Sorry, too lazy to find the thread for you!:D

Tomac
09-25-10, 11:31
Nice setup for you and the wife! You might want to check out stippling the grip and back strap with a soldering iron; did it to my full size M&P and it makes a world of difference. Sorry, too lazy to find the thread for you!:D

Thx! I've read the stippling threads here and elsewhere but so far (and this may change w/time & experience) I'm happy w/the factory grip. I've got a 2-day handgun class coming up and I expect I'll find out then if I want additional stippling.
Tomac