PDA

View Full Version : Matched pair of Wilson Combat Protectors, for a matched pair of shooters!

wilsoncombatrep
09-23-10, 08:11
Ryan Wilson, Bill's son, is the Vice President of WC, and runs things around here on a day to day basis. He, and his lovely wife Christine, are attending the Rogers Shooting School in a couple of weeks, so the shop built up a couple of blasters for them to take....

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/wp-content/uploads/ryan.jpg

More information and pics(!) on this project are on our blog .....

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/calibers/9mm/perfectly-matched-pair-of-protectors-for-a-perfect-pair/

STS
09-23-10, 10:13
Very nice, though I would be very hesitant to trust a 9mm 1911 to a 3 day 2000 round class Rogers class. Let us know how the reliability works out.

Spiffums
09-23-10, 11:24
Insert pitty glock comment here.

A nice pair.

willowofwisp
09-23-10, 11:26
those are some beautiful looking guns.

VolGrad
09-23-10, 13:50
Very nice, though I would be very hesitant to trust a 9mm 1911 to a 3 day 2000 round class Rogers class. Let us know how the reliability works out.

I'm guessing since it's his name on the roll mark he trust them OK. ;)

mike_556
09-23-10, 14:02
NICE! Why 9mm vs 38 super or 45?

STS
09-23-10, 18:50
I've never had much luck with 9mm 1911's, and apparently I'm not the only one. Just look up what the well know smiths and trainers say about them. That being said, I'd love to have a 9mm 1911 that ran reliably. What a great setup that would be. I could stay with the 1911 platform, but shoot 9mm for more affordable practice.

I'll tell ya what - if they honestly make it through Rogers school without any malfunctions, I'll order one!

Moose-Knuckle
09-23-10, 19:37
Man it must be nice to have a custom shop at your disposal! :cool:

7PI
09-24-10, 06:12
I've never had much luck with 9mm 1911's, and apparently I'm not the only one. Just look up what the well know smiths and trainers say about them. That being said, I'd love to have a 9mm 1911 that ran reliably. What a great setup that would be. I could stay with the 1911 platform, but shoot 9mm for more affordable practice.

I'll tell ya what - if they honestly make it through Rogers school without any malfunctions, I'll order one!

I bought a Nighthawk Talon II in 9mm back when Ron Phillips was still around so that I could practice with less expensive ammunition. I have to give them credit. After more than 10K it has run flawlessly.

I can't recommend them now though. Too many issues with my Talon in .45. I think Tim and Craig got a little cheap in the parts department.:nono:

So I bought a CQB for a carry gun. Could not be happier!!!

Must have lucked out with the 9mm.