PDA

View Full Version : Any issues with older FML Glock magazines?

556A2
09-24-10, 01:13
Have a fairly good deal on some new ban-era G17 magazines. These are the Gen2 body style, so they can only use 9mm 1-3 followers.

My question is, are there any issues with the older followers? I know the current 9mm follower is #6, but I'm just curious if there were any issues associated with the earlier followers.

FWIW, I've already used 2 of them with no issues at the range asides some brass flying back at me. Just want to double-check before I buy anymore.

7PI
09-24-10, 11:04
The ones I have from that era are mine from that era. They've been relegated to range mags, but they all (12) work very well. I treat my range mags poorly (rarely cleaned and left loaded for extended periods) and they still do the job.

Probably no issue, but I would extensively test any mag for use in a PDW role.

M4arc
09-25-10, 07:13
Generally no, they should be good to go.

Of course the newer ones have been improved over the years, mostly the follower but if you're in a ban state and are able to get pre-ban mags then go for it!

556A2
09-26-10, 01:14
I went ahead & ordered some new G17 mags from CDNN since they have cheap shipping this weekend.

I'm not in a ban state, but was just curious what improvements the #6 followers have over the #3 followers.