PDA

View Full Version : WTS: 97 VW Jetta GT 124503 miles UTAH

chadbag
09-24-10, 18:40
$2200

This is a 1997 VW Jetta GT. Runs great and has many years of service left in it. Great Winter car too. Looks great for its age.

Mileage is as of time of posting. 124503 miles

Dark blue. 4 door. 2.0 4 cylinder. 5 speed manual transmission.

One owner. I am original owner (carfax may show two -- I am both -- I leased this and then bought the car at lease end). Car is accident free.

Interior is fair to good. Upholstery is in very good condition. Carpets are in mostly good condition. Some "plastic" pieces are off or loose on knobs/buttons. Normal wear inside.

Exterior is fair to good. Some oxidation, a very few places where paint is off in little dime sized spots or small pinpoint spots, and small amounts of rust on lower body trim on passenger side (these are removable and replaceable pieces that are rusted on the trim). No real rust on body panels. Normal scratches and stuff from a decade plus of use. Overall looks good. There is a soft dent in the front fender passenger side, in the front part. I pushed the nose into a snowbank when parking on the street back East, and there was an iceball in the snowbank... The dent could probably easily be pulled out if you wanted to.

-----
pics below
------

Factory spoiler. Electric "moon roof".

A/C works fine. Heater should work but I have not tested it recently.

Runs great. Starts right up.

Mostly sat since 2008 when we had a baby and wife did not drive for a while, but I would run it now and then to keep it going. October 2009 the starter went out so it sat since then. Starter is brand new, installed Sept 3 2010 (NAPA Premium remanufactured with new parts). Battery is new installed fresh 09/18/10. Tires are in good shape with lots of tread. They are Michelin MXV4 tires and I checked at Costco tonight and they were purchased when the car was at 118xxx miles so they are only about 6000-7000 miles worn. Alloy wheels good shape but with brake dust deposits.

Comes with Clarion CD changer in the trunk that is controlled by the VW stereo.

Comes with Bentley and Haynes repair manuals, some front brake disc rotors, a back disc rotor, and some new performance brake pads (not a complete set for the whole car) that were bought 6 years ago but not installed.

The cruise control usually does not work but is intermittent so I think it is a switch issue, not the cruise itself.

The 12v cigarette lighter does not work. Probably an easy fix like a fuse or something.

The VW "alarm" system works and the vehicle wide locking works fine. The passenger side front door lock is broken (cylinder pulls out) but the door remains locked or unlocked with the vehicle wide locking system. Driver door lock is fine manually or with system wide system and can unlock the whole car by turning the key twice. Trunk does not open with the key for some reason but can be unlocked with the in-console trunk release. I think it is just dirty or gummed up as I got it to open once today (Sept 6 2010) with the key but the interior button works fine to open the trunk.

Has not been registered since early 2008 due to wife having a baby, then being short of money due to maternity leave and then our other car picking up the slack. As mentioned, I would run the car around some private roads nearby for 7-10 miles at a time once in a while to keep the car running and I also would periodically charge the battery to keep it fresh. Starter was replaced Friday Sept 3, 2010 and battery is new and fresh.

This is a great winter car (I had it almost 5 years in New England where they get lots of wet and icy snow and sleet and it performed really well) and runs great. Should run for a bunch of years to come. Gets upper 20s around-town mileage.

PM me or call 801 635 4650 if interested

Serious counter offers will be considered.

----

I have more pics available but did not want to clutter up the listing

http://www.eguns.com/jetta/P1020215.jpg

http://www.eguns.com/jetta/P1020216.jpg

http://www.eguns.com/jetta/P1020217.jpg