PDA

View Full Version : Some Non-Scientific Ammunition Testing

Iraqgunz
09-25-10, 01:06
Ok. Last week markm and I went out shooting. Unfortunately we went later in the day due to the heat. Just before 1800 hrs. we started doing a little test. What sparked me into action are some of the things that people post here concerning ammunition types and their accuracy as well as the accuracy of a particular barrel.

For the record this isn't going to be Molon grade stuff. My goal was simple. Using 3 different barrel lengths and configurations I wanted to shoot a few different types of ammo to see how it would perform. We fired 10 round groups. Shooting began around sunset and we alternated between shooters. By the time the last rounds went down range we could barely see the target. All targets were set at 100 yds and were fired at as you see them here (sideways).

We didn't use a fancy rest or a Chrono or anything else. We simply went into the prone position using a small pack as support. Here are the configurations that we used.

1. BCM 14.5" mid length upper with a PWS flash hider and iron sights. Zeroed to markm.

2. PD15 (Arnold Dew) 16" piston upper with AAC Blackout flash hider and Troy iron sights. They were zeroed to me at 50 yds.

3. BCM 11.5" SBR build with an AAC M4-2000 and 1x4 ACOG.

Ammunition used was as follows;

1. Prvi Partizan 75gr. Match ammo.

2. Swiss RUAG 55gr. M193 type ammo.

3. Hornady 55gr. steel case TAP.

markm
09-26-10, 09:09
That 11.5" BCM barrel continues to impress me in the accuracy department.